Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How not to do an exchange...with bonus attitude.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exchanges don't have to be difficult. I did one easy peasy just the other day.

Bought a floor register for my bathroom. It was too big (my fault, I didn't measure, just guessed).

So I take it back with the receipt. I go to the returns desk.

Me: I need to do an exchange. I bought the wrong size.
    Cashier: Certainly. I have to do it as a refund, and then you just pay for the new one.
    Me: OK (this made perfect sense. The smaller one was actually a couple dollars cheaper).

She rings it up, hands me my money back (sans tax IIRC). I get the right one, pay for it, and am on my merry way in about 10 minutes.

I guess an SC would have bitched about the taxes. I'm not about to get in a snit over a few cents with the state. Screw it.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

If you have to bitch and moan over an exchange, it's probably because you are a moaning bitch. :-)
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I hate exchanges. even if its the exact same item, but different size, I have to actually do a transaction. Since the SKUs are not the same. I love when SCs try and tell me "but its an even exchange" yes, it may very well be an even exchange with respect to price, but I sitll have to follow procedure so our inventorty doens't get screwed up.

Comment

Working...
        X