Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How dare you serve the people who were here before me!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How dare you serve the people who were here before me!

Customer today who thought that he was so speshul, he didn't have to wait in line. He basically walked right to the front and dumped his shopping on the till. Since I was feeling tired and with a low capacity for Speshul Snowflake Syndrome, I just ignored him and carried on serving all the customers who were patiently waiting their turn. Mr Rudey McRude was standing next to my till getting redder and redder in the face, but saying nothing. Eventually, once all the customers were dealt with, I served Mr Rudey McRude. I was nothing but polite, chirpy and smiley, even tho smiling is an effort for me. He didn't say thank you, and stormed off in a huff once I'd processed his transaction.

Martin the second manager was standing in the doorway watching me and nearly dying of laughter. Once Mr Rudey McRude had left, Martin said to me, "I was about to come and tell that guy to wait his turn, then I saw what you did. Brilliant."

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Yes, it was brilliant. Takes a lot of gall to cut in front of a line, dump your groceries at the register and expect to be taken next before all the people who lined up like they were supposed to. You did the right thing, effectively putting him at the end of the line where he should've been all along. So Rudy McRude's little display of me-first-ism earned him nothing but everyone else's scorn.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Hopefully a few more customers joined the line and got served before Mr. Rudey McRude.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Perfect way to put him in his place.
        No ma'am. I'm sorry, I cannot control the temperature. We're in hell, that's why.

Comment

I love what you did, but I do wish you had said something to the effect of "The end of the line is over there, sir." Just to make a point.

I dunno....maybe I'm just evil that way.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I love what you did, but I do wish you had said something to the effect of "The end of the line is over there, sir." Just to make a point.

No, completely ignoring his existence was probably more evil. By saying something to him, you're acknowledging that he's there ( and gives him a reason to say something)

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
              No, completely ignoring his existence was probably more evil. By saying something to him, you're acknowledging that he's there ( and gives him a reason to say something)
              I figured that ignoring him was best, as his behaviour didn't merit any response at all. XD
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

I agree, I think ignoring is best when possible. I have to do that a lot in the form of not making eye contact with the next customer in line until I'm done serving the customer ahead of them. I hate it when people interrupt! I have pretty good peripheral vision and I can usually tell when the next customer is just boring into me with their eyes and waiting to jump in. Good job!
                Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

Seems like that's what he was hoping would happen, which explains Ruddy McRude getting angry for being ignored. He wanted a verbal fight.

Comment

You've nearly one-upped Mandy Patinkin in Dead Like Me!

Comment

hell I felt bad getting back in he front of the line when I had to step aside to fill out international shiopping form at the post office...until the guy that was next in line gave me the stink eye AFTER the clerk said "oh don't worry about getting in line, you were next anyway"....2 seconds later the other clerk working the counter called up the guy.
                      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Working...
                      X