This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When 12 Becomes 6...

This happened earlier in the week, I just remembered it and thought I'd share.

Lady purchased a 6-pack of Snapple.
    She says "They changed this, you know.."
    Me: Oh?
    Lady: "Yeah. There used to be 12 in these. Now there's only 6" (with a slightly smug eye-rolling type of expression on her face)
    Me: Well, this is a SIX-pack...
    Lady: "Mmmhmm. They USED to put 12 in these, now there's only 6"

I was going to try to educate her on the difference between a 6-pk and a 12-pk, but it just seemed like way too much work, so I clucked sympathetically and sent her on her way...

I had to explain a packaging change with a customer before:

SC: This package is smaller!
    Me: Not the contents. It's still 2.2 lbs, but it has less packaging.
    SC: The package is smaller!
    Me: THE CONTENTS ARE THE SAME. The company reduced the amount of packaging to a) save some money and b), have less waste. They didn't remove the amount of content, they just changed the packaging.
    SC: But it's smaller!
    Me: oh forget it.

Comment

People...are funny. On the one hand, you actually get the people who shop price per ounce (I do this sometimes but I'm not a nut about it) and then other other hand, you get the people who have no idea how to understand ounces, math, or how a barcode works. One has to wonder how the clueless people manage the rest of their world... *shudder*...
      Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

Quoth MelindaJoy77 View Post
        One has to wonder how the clueless people manage the rest of their world... *shudder*...
        That one is easy to answer. Just read the other posts in this forum.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
        X