Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've got an intelligent bunch here on CS...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Air_Stewardess View Post
    BSc (Hons) in Adult Nursing...I think that nursing is worse than being a flight attendant though...I've also done various credits with the Open University so may get a BA one day!
    Funny you should mention that. I've considered being a flight attendant.

I guess I can add mine in here.

I have a votech diploma in surgical technology.
    An associates in nursing.
    A bachelors in nursing.
    Start my Masters of nursing classes late Sept.

Comment

Quoth bbbr View Post
      After spending the better part of 8 years as a part-time student at the local University I applied for and received an Associates in Science (job i was looking at required one) and year later; a BGS in Science. I skipped both graduation ceremonies and took two nice long multi-day kayaking trips on a local river instead. Never been one much for pomp and circumstance and Maya Angelou was the guest speaker at both, she rambled for over an hour at each of them (more power to ya if that's what you like, it isn't for me). My former sister-in-law gave me some grief over it right up till I reminded her she skipped her Masters Degree Ceremony for a mountain bike race...
      You didn't miss much. A lot of sitting around listening to boring speeches. Ugh. I have to do it every year as a faculty member. I got out of it one year because I had foot surgery. But other than that, I can't skip or I get in big trouble with the college.

We had a speaker one year who spent 45 minutes talking about himself, instead of charging the graduates, which is what they're supposed to do.

Quoth bbbr View Post
      A tech certificate in my chosen field of laser welding is my next educational goal. The preference of course is to have the company I work at for pay it all. That however requires getting the powers that be let me travel to Vegas for 5 days; something apparently forbidden for those below Senior Management.
      Yeah, heaven forfend a regular peon get to have training in someplace fun

Quoth Amina516 View Post
      Funny you should mention that. I've considered being a flight attendant.
      Pardon me if I've mentioned this before, but did you know that the first flight attendants were required to be nurses.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

HSD here. Kicked out of Hellcrest High School for appearance unbecoming to school standards. Out of 8 "English" classes over 7-8-9-9-10-11 I passed 3... with D's. Highest IQ known in the school district. Classic Schrodinger student. When my daughter the science teacher is ready to kill a student... she realizes they're no near as bad as the old man.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Bizarrely enough I actually studied business management before being completely lured away by shiny computer related things. All of my software and hardware skills are self taught though. ( I did study customer service as well but considering what that got me I don't like to admit it anymore. -.- )

Fun fact: When Information Technology was first introduced into the curriculum in high school we didn't have enough web savvy teachers to teach it ( only had one CompSci teacher ). Being a giant nerd I somehow got appointed as the TA for these classes. I would take the class twice back to back. The first class with the Comp Sci teacher so I could see the material for the next lesson. Then the second class with the poor computer illiterate teacher that got appointed to teach it where I would TA to teach the technical side of things.

I use to teach HTML to 9th graders ( /flex ).

Comment

I originally started a degree in Civil Engineering but changed it to Building Surveying (got credit for the year I'd done too, which was handy) and currently on a Post-Grad Primary Teaching degree.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post

We had a speaker one year who spent 45 minutes talking about himself, instead of charging the graduates, which is what they're supposed to do.
              This is why you need Tim Minchin to give your graduation speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoEezZD71sc

(On a slightly unrelated note...DAMN the man pulls off the glasses thing so well )

My uni decided to be merciful where they had a short speech by I think it was the chancellor, before they got straight into the names.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Let's see now...

I have a BS in Accounting...and a BS in BS

Before that, I actually thought about majoring in mechanical engineering. I can handle building things, and improving on them...but I could never get my head around the math required. So I went to college to major in accounting and minor in computer science.
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                X