Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would help a LOT; which is probably why they don't have such a thing.

I also try to go after high-value stuff, and if I have a reasonable suspicion about things I scan more than what we're supposed to just to be thorough. I'm probably the only person in the store who bothers with accuracy in general.

An SC harping about it is a red flag so when that happens I go for as many items at the bottom of the cart/pile as I can. I'm sure I posted about the family who had not scanned roughly half their order--all pricy meat. I of course add everything that comes up as unscanned; they throw a fit at the new total. Our manager then was covering from one of the inner-city stores and he was having none of their shit, told them to pay or GTFO (he was awesome, too bad we couldn't keep him)

There's a local tech company here whose sole product is software to minimize checkout/SCO loss; I've been meaning to contact them not only to see if I can get a look at their offerings (and whether they do anything that works with the guns), but also maybe try for a job/internship.
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 09-03-2014, 02:17 PM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Good idea trying for the Job/Internship.

Of course, management of your current store won't listen to you. But they will hire consultants and (theoretically) listen to them... even when the consultants are basically the employees who left when Management wouldn't listen to them in the first place.

Comment

Ever since a few of my on-the-fly ideas/solutions got ignored at the time and then magically became policy a few months later without a 'thanks for the idea', I don't make any suggestions within earshot of ASM anymore, I go to ASM2 or SM directly.

(wouldn't it be fun if I were able to land an internship, then got sent to my store to do observations when they finally realize they need help?)
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          (wouldn't it be fun if I were able to land an internship, then got sent to my store to do observations when they finally realize they need help?)
          Be prepared for SC behaviour from the store:

You do observations as an intern for that company, then they complain about the bill "The person you sent didn't recommend anything that a former employee of ours hadn't told us about - why are you charging us so much?"
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

That "thank you for my paycheck" comment makes me feel stabby. Especially since the main customers where I work who trot out the "I pay your wages!" comment are on benefits... making me want to retort, "No, actually as a taxpayer, I'm paying for your fucking petrol right now! So STFU!"
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
            X