This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone stole our American flag

So, we're living in an rv due to minor financial and housing issues after step-dad got out of military/into reserves. We're at a military, yep a MILITARY rv camp. We moved today from a hill to the lake side, I was outside watching step-dad pull in, American flag affixed firmly to the pole on the back of the rv, and so we get it all done and go inside. Step-dad notices an hour or two ago...hey, the flag is missing. He checks to make sure it hadn't fallen down...it's not out there! It's not on the ground, no where nearby, it's gone! Now there's no way it could of blown loose cause we've had it back there going down the highway at 40-60 just to get here! Someone stole our flag! What the . Who would steal an AMERICAN FLAG that was on the back of an rv, IN A MILITARY camp! I told mom we should file a police report, she doesn't think so however, I hope we find out who these idiots were who stole our flag, and soon!

That's outrageous I'm at a loss for words.

WHY on earth would someone do such a thing? It's not like you can pawn it.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
      WHY on earth would someone do such a thing? It's not like you can pawn it.
      Red coats.

Though seriously that's kind of an amazing mix of gun ho patriotism and a complete lack of sense or morals.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        Red coats.

Though seriously that's kind of an amazing mix of gun ho patriotism and a complete lack of sense or morals.
        OK, I can maybe see a Brit doing that, and definitely an Aussie (they'd probably view it as a prank).

Not a Canadian, though. They're too polite
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Maybe they think that you and your family are too patriotic?
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Okay someone returned the flag without us knowing sometime this morning, probably a drunk accident from labour day partying, still...wish I knew who took it in the first place.

Comment

Well after living on post for a year I can honestly say I am not surprised. We had two strollers, a gas can, two scooters, a swing set, two bikes. a grill, a toolbox, two trash cans, bags of cans that were held for recycling, various water guns, a skateboard all come up missing while we lived on post and that was over the course of a year or so.

Comment

Quoth cleorose View Post
                Well after living on post for a year I can honestly say I am not surprised. We had two strollers, a gas can, two scooters, a swing set, two bikes. a grill, a toolbox, two trash cans, bags of cans that were held for recycling, various water guns, a skateboard all come up missing while we lived on post and that was over the course of a year or so.
                A swing set????? How the hell did they do that without anyone seeing it happen??? Other than that, I can believe .... there are idiots in EVERY profession, sad to say

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                  OK, I can maybe see a Brit doing that, and definitely an Aussie (they'd probably view it as a prank).

Not a Canadian, though. They're too polite
                  We would have it pressed, dry cleaned and returned with a mint on top along with an apology note.

Comment

We'll be keeping the flag inside the rv during the night from now on.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                      We would have it pressed, dry cleaned and returned with a mint on top along with an apology note.
                      That's the funniest thing I've read all day

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                        A swing set????? How the hell did they do that without anyone seeing it happen??? Other than that, I can believe .... there are idiots in EVERY profession, sad to say
                        We only knew maybe 3 of our neighbors the rest were strangers. We knew the couple behind us, as they occasionally watched our boys. That was until they let our kids and theirs climb the tree in our shared yard to the top. My Kids were 5 and 7 and the were up 20 feet in a tree. My kids are super accident prone. Lucky they didn't break anything. The mom who was watching them was inside with her 1 and half year old.

We knew our neighbor to our right because their dog liked to invite himself into our house. ALOT. Not a bad dog. We had a female Mastiff. He had a black lab. They liked to play.

And the other neighbor we knew was the guy across the street who had no idea how to park like a normal person. We knew him because we had to frequently knock to get him to move his car so that we could get out of our driveway. He would not park in his driveway. He would park on the road but instead of parallel parking like everyone else. He would double park IE park his cars side by side. Or he would parellel park across our driveway. After 5-6 times I was getting fed up. When I was 7 months pregnant, I started spotting. Called the tow truck and had it removed so we could get out. He never did it again at least in the six months we continued to live there.

On Fort Riley, where we lived at least, the backyards were shared. IE we had one very large backyard that we shared with about 20 other houses and families. On any given day you would find kids walking thru our backyard that we did not recognize. When I got hospitalized for my 3rd pregnancy due to complications, we were gone for 2 days. Hubby came home and found the swing set gone. It was just one of those metal ones from Kmart that are like 100 bucks. Not worth a hassle but you get the idea.

All the pride you have in the military, often you forget that its made up of individuals some of who are idiots. Hubby had his work locker broke into. And only certain items of his gear were stolen. That was the night before a big inspection. Hubby got knocked for not having his gear even though it was obvious someone broke his lock to get into his locker to get his gear. Since the gear is issued and most of its not numbered there is no way to track who among his coworkers stole it He started locking gear in his trunk of his car and then finally brought it all home and we kept it at home til he needed it. Then he would take it in that day. That lesson was a 800 dollar lesson.

Comment

Working...
                        X