Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They're not called self-checkouts anymore...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth SixFortyK View Post
    Kinda like where I work, customers cannot be called customers. They must be referred to as 'guests'. And coworkers must be referred to as 'colleagues'. It's all crap meant to cast a certain image.
    I hate calling them "guests". If I had guests come to my home and act the way some customers do...
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
      Our SCO kiosks are Toshiba (some flavor of Unix for the OS). Secure as anything, but not that user-friendly. I've gotten a few errors where even I have no idea what went wrong. The 'user manual' that's supposed to be in the office is not there and most of the managers doubt a manual actually exists.
      It's basically a newer version of the IBM stuff, since IBM sold their SCO division to Toshiba, IIRC. It is hot garbage, though. Vague errors, touch recognition is shot to hell, and it loads so much slower after the inevitable reboot you will have to give the machine after it freezes up yet again.

Comment

At least on ours, I know why some of the touchscreens are shot. Some genius uses the ammonia surface cleaner on them, and we have one customer who squishes a dripping-wet Purell wipe across the screen before using it.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          I hate calling them "guests". If I had guests come to my home and act the way some customers do...
          If you're supposed to call customers "guests", that ought to mean that you can tell them to get out and never darken your door again. XD
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
          X