This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Post Suckage. >_<

So my dearest friend and more than likely future boyfriend () is back in Japan. For quite a few months this time. It sucks, but we skype everyday and stay close as ever

He promised to send me a package monthly filled with small goodies or a manga I would like. He is the best person ever, right? Right <3

Well, he got some money from good old Obaachan before he started his 3 part time jobs, so he got some things for me. Japanese pasta sauces, certain snacks, a manga series volume I love, and some other small things.

He drops it off Last Tuesday afternoon. (Monday night for me in California)

Its been over a week, and me being concerned, knowing the bad rep of USA delivering services, I asked him to look into it. I want my package darn it. XD
    He calls the post center in Mishima (Shizuoka prefecture. He lives in a nearby small town)

Apparently, the post office in Mishima had it this whole time. No particular reason they mentioned. They just never sent it. Nor did they contact him about a possible problem.

They tell him he needs to come in an re-fill out the forms to send it, but they will send it for free and he will get his money back. I am telling him to ask if they can upgrade to priority because I just want my items asap. T_T

I obviously am not that happy about it..but we'll see. I never heard of this kind of thing before. Normally they're more thorough in Japan. If there was a problem he would have been contacted at once. And there is no holiday so no back orders all stacked together...

I want my pasta sauces...

Wow. That's highly incompetent.

Comment

Sounds like my country's post office...they "lose" things. I didn't get the invitation to a friend's wedding because it was in a fancy envelope. I didn't get a kickstarter reward because it wasn't sent via courier or tracked mail.
      Like, you know it's bad when Amazon US blacklists your post office for "losing" so many packages...
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

When I used to send Kraft Mac and Cheese to a military wife friend I had, we knew that she would have 2-5 boxes missing every time. I started calling it the customs tax.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          When I used to send Kraft Mac and Cheese to a military wife friend I had, we knew that she would have 2-5 boxes missing every time. I started calling it the customs tax.
          Should have put in a couple boxes marked "For the postal employees."

Filled with gravel or something.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
            Any time I send a box to my Romanian buddy it includes several boxes of Zatarans mixes as he has decided he likes New Orleans [almost] cooking and some of the ingredients are not really available there. There was shrinkage until I started sending it with the exact listing of numbers of boxes and flavors taped inside the box totally laminated with clear strapping tape. I also took to including the exact inventory on the customs paperwork. Can't misplace the paperwork, can't say they didn't have the right number of boxes.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
            X