Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK gang what shall we send back to claim my $7 million?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK gang what shall we send back to claim my $7 million?

This has arrived in my inbox (I quote it as they wrote it)

Hi,
    I am writing this mail to you with tears and sorrow from my heart. With due respect , trust and humanity, honestly, I will really like to have a good relationship with you and i have a special reason why i decided to contact you, is due to the urgency of my situation, My name is Miss Eunice Rafael, I was born in 1992, single female and I held from Mali in West Africa.

After the burial of my father, my stepmother and uncle conspired and sold my father's property to an Italian Expert-rat which they shared the money among themselves and leaving nothing for me. One faithful morning, I opened my father's briefcase and found out the documents where he deposited huge amount of money in one Security company in Ivory Coast with my name as the next of kin. The amount is( $7.3 USD )Million United State Dollars, and I have confirmed from the Security company in IVORY COAST on my arrival, It is my intention to compensate you with 30% of the total money for your services and the balance shall be my capital in your establishment. I will like to disclose much to you if you can help me to relocate to your country because my stepmother has threatened to assassinate me.

I will appreciate an urgent message indicating your ability and willingness to handle this transaction sincerely. Please do keep this only to your self for now until the money release to your country. I have the documents for the claims.Alternatively you can mail me direct : ( euniceraf200@yahoo.com )

Yours Sincerely,
    Eunice.

So what shall we come up with to claim the 30% of the money?I'm veering towards offering her the services of a gang of evil ninja dwarves to stop her stepmother assassinating her.They come priced at a very reasonable rate-we'll just add their payment onto the money in the account i'm sure...

*incidentally,just how famous do you have to be to graduate from being killed to actually qualifying for an assassination?
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Just try 419eater. They have hordes of people to help you string 'em along. Some people keep it up for MONTHS. :-)
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I echo 419eater. I have lost months on that website laughing at the ridiculous stuff they've got scammers to do.

Hand-written copies of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
      Ordnance Survey maps copied by hand.
      Clay models of Wallace and Gromit
      Audio books recorded.
      You name it. They'll do anything if there's the promise of a cash reward at the end.

Comment

Frankly I'm laughing too hard at the "Expert-rat" to make any useful suggestions...

Expatriate, I assume....
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Don't forget the romance scammers who get actual TATTOOS of the eater's name. They've got special trophies for making the lad (their name for the scammer) go to other countries, too!
          My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

I don't have any suggestions, but wanted to share my story.

I don't usually open these types of emails, but I had one a few months ago .....
            I don't remember now what the tag line was, but when I opened it, I found that they were expressing their condolences on the death of my sister. But, hooray! She left me $20 million USD !!!!! Woo Hooo!!!!!

I was so excited, I called my brother-in-law to thank him for allowing his wife to leave me all their money (he didn't answer the phone, but I wasn't worried ... he was probably handling funeral arrangements)!!!!! AND I posted it on Facebook.

Imagine my surprise when my supposedly dead sister posted on Facebook an hour later that she "didn't think" she was dead, but she would "let me know" if she was. :-D

ROFL

Comment

We had an email from a friend who apparently had been caught up in the rioting in Ukraine and lost all her documents and needed some money wired to be able to get home safely.
              We were all shocked-especially as we'd only sent her to the kitchen to get tea and biscuits
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

They must have some good tea in the Ukraine.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I like the ones that are all about getting mugged while on a vacation to the UK, or the Phillippines, or wherever. "And the landlord won't let us leave without settling the bill."

Pretty sure forcibly detaining someone (unless you're the cops) is illegal in most countries...
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    I like the ones that are all about getting mugged while on a vacation to the UK, or the Phillippines, or wherever. "And the landlord won't let us leave without settling the bill."

Pretty sure forcibly detaining someone (unless you're the cops) is illegal in most countries...
                    Yep, my neighbour was mugged in UK last week while visiting her family in Norway .

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                      We had an email from a friend who apparently had been caught up in the rioting in Ukraine and lost all her documents and needed some money wired to be able to get home safely.
                      We were all shocked-especially as we'd only sent her to the kitchen to get tea and biscuits
                      Depending on how the communication was received, get them to check their passwords and run an antivirus/malware cleaner through their computer, there is a chance their computer could have been compromised and said scammer may have contacted other people besides you (effectively the internet equivalent of dragnet phishing)
                      Violets are blue,
                      Roses are red,
                      I bequeath to thee...
                      A boot to the head >_>

Comment

I can't remember exactly how I was trying to play it the last time I messed with a scammer, only that they informed me that "Dr. Joseph Goebbels" didn't work for the F.B.I.

Comment

Quoth retro View Post
                          I echo 419eater. I have lost months on that website laughing at the ridiculous stuff they've got scammers to do.

Hand-written copies of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
                          Ordnance Survey maps copied by hand.
                          Clay models of Wallace and Gromit
                          Audio books recorded.
                          You name it. They'll do anything if there's the promise of a cash reward at the end.
                          There's this one guy a few of them have been baiting, they've had him chasing an imaginary fortune for YEARS, they've gotten him to travel 28,000 miles in search of it, he got arrested in Egypt during the whole thing going on there, and last I checked they had him camped out in Mombasa for A YEAR, living on the streets etc still chasing that fortune and it looks like they're not gonna lose him anytime soon short of the cops getting him. On top of that they've managed to get him TATTOOED several times, tattoing on himself some unpleasant stuff in Hebrew.

But god the man they are baiting is absoloute scum. He's gotten several fictional characters KILLED, or as far as he knows they have (and to him they're all real people, and he's encouraged them to do dangerous things, yes they are fake people so nobody was actually hurt, but still.)
                          Last edited by RayvenQ; 09-08-2014, 04:38 AM.
                          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

And I thought the US based lad who's gone to a bunch of places on the west coast/suchlike area over 1000 miles total was impressive!

Do you have a link to this one??
                            My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                              Yep, my neighbour was mugged in UK last week while visiting her family in Norway .
                              I hate it when that happens
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                              X