Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have honestly never had a customer mention it before. My coworker jokes with me about it but that's it.

Comment

Hello, welcome, cool name (TNG reference?), and this is why I keep putting off completing my Disabled badge application...

What a self-centred toolbag Mr SC was - and to have had the police called to one of his rants? What a charmer!
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

The best way to get people to not mock you about your personal appearance is to mock yourself and not take yourself so seriously. Sadly, it took almost twenty years for me to learn that.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

The first thing that came to mind was a Seinfeld episode where Jerry's leg falls asleep during a meeting with someone with a limp, and after he stands up with a temporary limp, everyone thinks he's making fun of him.

A long time ago I was just telling a story with my friends, and I often use my arms to demonstrate what was happening. At some point I was telling a story about how someone was freaking out over something, and I was flailing my arms about to describe him. A random bystander told me how insensitive I was for making fun of people with mental disabilities.

The person walked away before I could finish rebooting my brain and try to respond.
          Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
          Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
          Fiancee: What?!
          Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
            Hello, welcome, cool name (TNG reference?), and this is why I keep putting off completing my Disabled badge application...

What a self-centred toolbag Mr SC was - and to have had the police called to one of his rants? What a charmer!

It was totally a TNG reference. TNG was my first Star Trek series and Picard will always be my captain. Awesome shift said that she actually knows them somewhat and his name is always in the papers for drug related charges.

Comment

Working...
            X