This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owie! (TMI warning)

I've been pretty sick this week. I went to the ER with severe abdominal pain Monday evening, got admitted and was released Wednesday afternoon (mostly at my insistence, since my son was having surgery Thursday and I didn't want to cancel it.) I overdid it Thursday and wound up back in the ER Thursday night. The good news is I have morphine, and that makes life a bit more manageable until I can see my surgeon on Monday. The bad news is that while the pain is mostly gone, I'm light headed and woozy.

So, Friday afternoon I decided I needed a shower. Now, being the smart person that I am, I decided that the best place to do this was at my boyfriend's house, where he could help me if I needed it. Being the not so smart person that I am, I didn't insist that he sit in the bathroom with me. Now, bf's shower is the type with a door, and of course, that door comes with a metal rail where the door latches closed. It's also pertinent to this story to know that I have pierced nipples. You know where this is going, right....

And so I get out of the shower and promptly get a dizzy spell, lose my balance and fall. Somewhere in the fall my boob caught on the metal door rail, ripping the piercing completely out. My nipple is now in two pieces. Thankfully, I have morphine, so it's not all that painful to me, but the grossness of seeing how it split is somehow fascinating to me.

Can somebody please rewind the clock a few days so I can go back and do yesterday over?
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

OWWWWWWWWWWW!!

Hugs (very, very gentle ones) to you!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
      As soon as I read that you ripped your piercing out I immediately grimaced and grabbed one of my boobs in sympathy.
      Same here >_o
      To mathnerd; OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWW ><

I hope you feel better ASAP

Comment

I literally went "Ooooooooooooooooooounnnnghahhhh!" when I read the critical part.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The only body parts I have pierced are my earlobes, and my nipples screamed in sympathy when I read this.

I really hope you heal quickly and well.

And please do NOT do this again!
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post

And please do NOT do this again!
            Please forgive me, I can't resist a bit of black humor....

She can only do it one more time, maybe....

(Do hope it heals well and quickly and cleanly. *winces* )
            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
              Please forgive me, I can't resist a bit of black humor....

She can only do it one more time, maybe....

(Do hope it heals well and quickly and cleanly. *winces* )
              I have every intention of redoing the piercing it as soon as it heals.

Seriously though, thanks for the sympathy. I feel like a complete moron for doing it. My boyfriend and I have decided I will be staying with him for a few days to a week so he can babysit me full time, as I had another incident of blacking out tonight. Now I just need to refrain from ripping out even more jewelry.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Look on the bright side - at least you're not a man with a Prince Albert.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Why don't you take baths if you know that you could fall when taking showers?
                  cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Oh, crap. I hope Evil Empryss doesn't see this

They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                      Why don't you take baths if you know that you could fall when taking showers?
                      There's a chair in the shower, but the real issue (at least that particular time) wasn't the shower itself, it was getting out, which I would have had to do regardless of whether I took a bath or a shower. It boils down to me needing to make sure that somebody helps me in and out of the shower/bath until I'm off the pain meds and/or we figure out what's causing the pain and fix it. To that end, we've decided that it's best for me to stay at his house for a few days so I won't be left alone. Between my kids, his daughter and him, they can make sure I've always got a "babysitter" to keep me safe.

Comment

I can't even imagine getting them pierced in the first place. Ow ow ow!!
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

OW! OW! OW!

I hope your nipple heals fast, and I hope you find out what's causing your abdominal pain and get a swift remedy for that, too.
                          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Aaah! Aaah! Oww! Oww! Aaah! Oww! Aaah!
                            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                              OW! OW! OW!

I hope your nipple heals fast, and I hope you find out what's causing your abdominal pain and get a swift remedy for that, too.

Thanks. And we're working on the abdominal pain. I have elebentygazillian appointments over the next few weeks. Hopefully something will turn up in one of those appointments.

Comment

Working...
                              X