This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of lost dogs and snotty ex-friends.

(apologies for the choppy nature of the story, i'm undergoing a nasty insomnia attack)

Hubby and I live in a small ish town where everyone knows everyone in one way or another.

The other day we were in our local "discount frozen foods" store picking up some odds and ends, when suddenly a beautiful brindle Staffordshire bull terrier walks up and starts trying to get fusses out of me. Yes, inside the store.

I grabbed the pup's collar and looked around for an owner coming after them but no-one is even paying much attention.

Another woman stops and comments that she thinks she's seen the dog before and knows where it lives, she offers to head off and see if the people at the house have lost their dog.

In the meantime the store manager happens by and spots the dog, he asks what's going on and Hubby explains, the manager ponders for a moment and asks if we could take the dog outside due to health code laws.

Now this store is on the main road right through our town, it's rush hour and super busy, and staffies are *strong* dogs. I point this out and he agrees and goes to grab one of the cords they use to hold their stock cages closed with so that i can form a makeshift lead.

No suck so far.

Then A appears. A is someone we know fairly well, she's a friend of a friend, and she *hates* us. When she and our mutual friend fell out she decided all of mutual friend's friends were awful awful people and she wanted nothing to do with us all, she's snotty, rude and will actively ignore us or walk in the opposite direction if she sees us. She is an employee of this store.

Now remember, she knows us. She knows we have a dog, but she's met him, he's a one-eyed, buck toothed, bandy legged fuzzball of a shih-tzu. Not a great big slobber monster of a Staffie.

She takes one look at me, sneers and says "You can't bring your dog in here".

I tell her he isn't ours (duh) and that we're trying to find the owner and I can't take them outside yet because of the road.

She rolls her eyes and says again, in that snotty tone, "You can't have a dog in here, we sell food. Take him outside."

I try to tell her that the manager is dealing with it but she keeps talking over me repeating "take him outside" louder and louder, other customers are starting to stare, then she tells me that I'm making a scene.

Thankfully the manager arrives with the cord and i start to loop it through the collar. He asks her what's going on and she exclaims "They won't take their dog outside" he gives her a look and explains that it's not our dog, and it wasn't safe to take the dog outside without something better to hold on to and that he had it well in hand.

She replies "Oh." and leaves. No apology, nothing.

The manager rolled his eyes at her behaviour and i took the dog outside to await the return of the helpful lady.

Long story short, as i was waiting there a van pulled up, it was the owners who had been out looking for the dog after it got out through a gap where their fence was being repaired, they thanked me profusely and took the dog home.

I was just so annoyed with A, she knows us and knows our animals but because of her feelings about us she decided to be a snotty, condescending bitch, when her superior was already dealing with the situation. It wasn't necessary and it was very unprofessional.

Thank you for reading and well done if you stuck that out!

people with a chip on their shoulder will look for and use any form of ammunition they can to belittle those they target.... it's kind of sad really

Comment

I figure it'd be too much to hope for that she gets a talking to from that manager.
      A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

What a piece of work! Also, thank you for helping that dog

Comment

There's a term that applies to both A and dogs of the female persuasion. Since dogs aren't allowed in a place that sells food, all $Terms should be removed from the premises, including A.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            There's a term that applies to both A and dogs of the female persuasion. Since dogs aren't allowed in a place that sells food, all $Terms should be removed from the premises, including A.
            Bahahahahaha, seconded!
            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
            What's the difference?
            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
            X