Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My version with the lamb is going to happen sometime in November, after the weather has reached the approximation we get instead of actual winter. Bit too warm for chili of any sort still.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
      Bit too warm for chili of any sort still.
      Tourists and visitors are often surprised or even shocked to hear about us eating chili here in Key West, let alone having chili cookoffs. "What? In this weather?" Thing is, if we only did chili when it was weather/temperature "appropriate," we'd have a very small window, only a few weeks. Same with soup. I'll have soup just about any time of year here. Why? Because if I waited for the "right" weather, I'd never have soup.

One of the amusing adjustments of living in the tropics.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Tourists and visitors are often surprised or even shocked to hear about us eating chili here in Key West, let alone having chili cookoffs. "What? In this weather?" Thing is, if we only did chili when it was weather/temperature "appropriate," we'd have a very small window, only a few weeks. Same with soup. I'll have soup just about any time of year here. Why? Because if I waited for the "right" weather, I'd never have soup.

One of the amusing adjustments of living in the tropics.
        Sub base New London CT does a chili cookoff on 4th of July weekend. Works fine. But then again I drink iced or hot tea summer or winter, depending on what I am in the mood for.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
        X