This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two drive-thru lanes; it's not that hard

A couple of the local locations of the Golden Arches around here have two drive-thru order-taking stations, each in a separate lane. The drive-thru line is mostly one lane up until not much before you need to choose a lane.

80% of the time I go there, either one of two things happens:

- Some idiot does not notice the 2nd lane and/or obstinately believes that the "main" lane receives some sort of priority boost. They usually accompany this by situating their car in such a way to block the view and/or access of anybody wishing to use the other lane.

- When the 2nd lane IS in proper use, some moron decides that it should really be two entirely separate waiting lines and simply cuts in line because there's no physical barriers to doing so; not even a bunch of orange cones. A bunch of other cars inevitably follows. In addition to cutting in line, this also blocks a bunch of the parking spaces, and the driveway to get through the lot.

We've got one of those up here, and I see the same things. Apparently a binary choice is too complicated for some of these people. Makes me wonder how they can drive without decision paralysis.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

My local golden arches solved that problem by making the drive-thru area blocked off by concrete. Once you enter the drive thru lane, you're stuck. Of course I never had to deal with a line jumper at a drive thru, my problem was always getting stuck behind the person placing 25 separate orders lol

Comment

The local Golden Arches has a dual lane, tho I've yet to encounter any serious idiots in line there. The Red-headed girl place has a single lane, but with the concrete barrier...which kinda sucks. If you change yer mind, yer not getting out of that line without serious vehicle damage; if someone in a car has a medical issue, that could be a serious problem, too.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The only Golden Arches around here which has two lanes, does like drjonah said. Drivers are funneled in and there isn't really a way to cut. I was at (what do you guys call it?) Mack in the Cube and sat there watching these ladies try to order. They would talk into the speaker, then talk to each other, then talk into the speaker, rinse, repeat. When I heard the word "coupon" I backed out and walked in. They still got their food first somehow, but I was in an air conditioned room so it was okay.

Edited to add, I hadn't yet entered the point of no return concrete surrounded area yet, which is why I could leave. I would have been so mad if I was blocked in.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
            My local golden arches solved that problem by making the drive-thru area blocked off by concrete. Once you enter the drive thru lane, you're stuck. Of course I never had to deal with a line jumper at a drive thru, my problem was always getting stuck behind the person placing 25 separate orders lol
            the one I know pretty well with two lanes, that's a very popular place in the early am on a Saturday or Sunday quite clearly states ONE order per car - all has to go through in one transaction, which I don't mind at all.

Comment

Working...
            X