This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's only a mile and a half to work

and yet I feel it's the most dangerous drive I make. Before I ever got to the over-full parking lot, I encountered:

--a woman taking my right-of-way and then slowing down for no reason at the next intersection so that she got through and I didn't (which made me late).
    --people weaving back and forth between lanes without using any signals
    --people gunning it across 4 lanes from one shopping center to another, causing me to have to hit the brakes too hard
    --pedestrians with a death wish

It's just the mall. What is so important that you have to practically cause an accident to get there?!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

You. Duh.

*filler*
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That pretty much sums up my normal 11 mile commute and/or every day ending in Y around here...

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post

It's just the mall. What is so important that you have to practically cause an accident to get there?!

There's a sale at Penny's!!

Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          You. Duh.

*filler*
          You mean my store?

Comment

This is how I feel on my lunch break. I usually drive up the road to the starbucks, and for whatever reason, the people in this 1 square mile cannot drive to save their lives. I almost hit an old man on a bike when he went from the side of the road to directly in front of me without even looking for cars. People feel they can run across one of the busiest streets in town wherever they want, despite there being cross walks everywhere. And no one looks around before backing up out of spaces, walking into the parking lot, or pulling out into traffic. It's stupid ridiculous.

Comment

Quoth April View Post
              This is how I feel on my lunch break. I usually drive up the road to the starbucks, and for whatever reason, the people in this 1 square mile cannot drive to save their lives. I almost hit an old man on a bike when he went from the side of the road to directly in front of me without even looking for cars. People feel they can run across one of the busiest streets in town wherever they want, despite there being cross walks everywhere. And no one looks around before backing up out of spaces, walking into the parking lot, or pulling out into traffic. It's stupid ridiculous.
              There's a Starbucks across the street from my work. I usually make/bring my own coffee, but some days I risk death for an expensive fancy drink. There is a crosswalk, but no light. Also, in addition to traffic on the street, there are three different places cars could be turning out of, including the parking lot my work is in. I always worry that a SC will recognize me as "that girl who wouldn't let me do *whatever*" and hit me.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                and yet I feel it's the most dangerous drive I make. Before I ever got to the over-full parking lot, I encountered:

--a woman taking my right-of-way and then slowing down for no reason at the next intersection so that she got through and I didn't (which made me late).
                --people weaving back and forth between lanes without using any signals
                --people gunning it across 4 lanes from one shopping center to another, causing me to have to hit the brakes too hard
                --pedestrians with a death wish

People like that are a key reason I don't drive. Due to my slowed reaction time, I don't trust myself behind the wheel. If I were the only person on the road, that'd be different *sighs*
                "People can be relied upon to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid." from Seize the Night by Dean Koontz

Comment

After moving home, I cut my commute time down to just meager miles. Less than five even.

It's the most dangerous part of my day, going to work, especially now that I'm on 2nd shift. When I was 6:30-6:30, it was still pretty bad, but not quite as bad.

Now I have to deal with day people. Ugh.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Yesterday I had someone cut me off by making a right turn from the left-only lane.

Comment

Working...
                    X