This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crotch rocket tomfoolery

So...just got back from th' Inbred Carnival and the Grocery Store of Awesome and as I was cutting through th' Inbred Carnival's parking lot to get to the Grocery Store of Awesome, I saw a guy ripping though the parking lot on a crotch rocket.

A guy ripping through the parking lot on a crotch rocket going about 60 mph, I'd estimate.

A guy ripping through the parking lot on a crotch rocket going about 60 mph and popping a wheelie.

A guy ripping through the parking lot on a crotch rocket going about 60 mph and popping a wheelie without wearing a helmet or protective gear of any kind.

Somehow the guy made it to the stoplight without turning himself into hamburger.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I'm sure a lot of very sick people hope wheelie-popper signed his organ donor card. Riding like that is a great way for a young, otherwise healthy person to wind up dead in such a manner that most of their organs can be harvested - there's a reason people in the medical profession refer to motorbikes (especially crotch rockets) as "donorcycles".
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      there's a reason people in the medical profession refer to motorbikes (especially crotch rockets) as "donorcycles".
      I think over here the A&E doctors are even blunter- "mobile organ donor" being the term of affection.

Allegedly (i.e. according to a cop I know, so maybe not exactly true) this is also one reason that average speed cameras in road works now face backwards, as bikes have only rear licence plates. Too many incidents where the cars are all doing exactly 40mph through road works- and watching the speedo not the mirrors- but bikes knew the cameras could not see them, so they blatted through at full speed, to lethal effect.

Comment

Crotch rocket: The perfect anonymous gift for the infuriating teen next door.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          A guy ripping through the parking lot on a crotch rocket going about 60 mph and popping a wheelie.
          Oh, it sounds like Racer X got out of jail.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

My favorite part of spring/summer (sarcasm) are the guys who take to the open road on their bikes wearing nothing but t-shirts (some just wife beaters), shorts, sandals, no helmet....and away they go on two wheels with no protection of any kind.

Not just for a tootle down the road....I'm talking on the freeway/highways, multi lane roads, speed limits 50+.

And then there's the really fat guys on those bikes, defying physics, that I'm just thinking dear God, if they splatter, I don't want that all over my car.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
              Not just for a tootle down the road....I'm talking on the freeway/highways, multi lane roads, speed limits 50+.
              Saw plenty of those roaring by on US-22 while I was in Easton this weekend. While I was standing in line outside the venue for the wrestling shows, quite a few people shook their heads as they sped by. I may have remarked, "And the donors just went by..."
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I cannot fathom why PA felt compelled to repeal the helmet law.
                But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                And it's not what I wanted to be
                The weight on me
                Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Quoth Ophbalance View Post
                  I cannot fathom why PA felt compelled to repeal the helmet law.
                  To let Darwinism take effect. Fewer idiots to deal with.

Comment

But if you get caught without a seat belt, big ticket time. I have to neighbors who try to show each other who has the bigger dick by trying stupid stunts up and down the street all summer.
                    Last edited by EricKei; 10-11-2014, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Let's leave the discussion of helmet and seatbelt laws for Fratching, please.
                      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Too often, motorcyclists seem to think that nothing will happen to them as they weave in and out of traffic at triple digits. Just because you *can* do 140mph doesn't mean you should
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

It's just too bad these Romeos don't realize, they won't be eyecandy anymore when they have road rash going all the way up and down one or both sides of their bodies. Falling off of a bike is bad enough, not wearing proper gear makes it worse.

If it's "too hot" or "too old person" to wear proper riding gear, you aren't a real bike rider anyway.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                          X