Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop playing 'Chopsticks' with the chopsticks!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop playing 'Chopsticks' with the chopsticks!

A hazard of working in a Chinese restaurant is when the little rat kids start using the chopsticks as drumsticks. Today, one table's kids were banging them against the bowls, plates and even against the mirrors lining the sides of the booths.

Another group of customers, this time on one of the tables with the lazy susans, had the kids banging against the lazy susan and I was seriously about to throttle them.

The parents were doing what they could to get their kids to stop, I only made it complete by asking if I should take the chopsticks away.

We switched over to using metal chopsticks from plastic ones, not sure why, so the excuse is that banging them can chip the porcelain. Heck, when I asked one table a while back not to do it, they seriously asked me why not. I relented a little when I gave the brats some wooden ones we include in the takeout.

But seriously, if one more rat-faced brat uses the goddamn chopsticks as drumsticks again, I will throttle them.

Quoth PoliteBoy View Post
    Heck, when I asked one table a while back not to do it, they seriously asked me why not.
    No couth, no manners, no brains. No hope for the human species.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

"The parents were doing what they could to get their kids to stop..."

Faith in humanity restored.

"Heck, when I asked one table a while back not to do it, they seriously asked me why not."

Faith in humanity lost.

Comment

Time to tell everyone there's a teeny-tiny explosive inserted into each one, that's shock sensitive.....

True, one going off by itself may only permanently deafen you, but it may start a cascade where the whole table goes up like a Chinese New Year.

Wouldn't want that now, would we?
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          Time to tell everyone there's a teeny-tiny explosive inserted into each one, that's shock sensitive.....

True, one going off by itself may only permanently deafen you, but it may start a cascade where the whole table goes up like a Chinese New Year.

Wouldn't want that now, would we?
          Now there's a story for the Darwin Awards . . . Death by Chopsticks.

Or an ingenious way to assassinate a foreign dignitary - could be a story there . . .
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The parents were doing what they could to get their kids to stop
            Except for the obvious solution of taking them away and asking for spoons or something instead.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Except for the obvious solution of taking them away and asking for spoons or something instead.
              That would have been too easy. And you all know the rule:

If it makes sense, it's not allowed.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

You have metal chopsticks? WOW, I love American-Chinese and (most) Chinese food and most places only have wooden ones.

Metal chopsticks tells me that you are working in one of the nicer places, which tells me that "if you would not let your child do that in a 3-star restaurant, then do not do that here".
                I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  Maybe their kids play the spoons - badly.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth PoliteBoy View Post
                    A hazard of working in a Chinese restaurant is when the little rat kids start using the chopsticks as drumsticks. Today, one table's kids were banging them against the bowls, plates and even against the mirrors lining the sides of the booths.
                    Playing "Chopsticks" by using chopsticks as drumsticks? Is that supposed to be a pianist substitute?
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X