This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth prjkt View Post
    Driving down the rd at 70k an hour about 5 min after leaving work.
    Thought to myself, "Where's my laptop?"

At that moment I hear something move on the rooftop the car. A few seconds later I see my MacBook Air in its case bouncing down the road.

Damage: twisted and warped housing around the edges, and the USB flex cable had come off the main logic board.

Other than that, works perfectly over two years later (I did get the chassis replaced though)

Yeah, I lost a smart phone that way, too. Unfortunately I didn't have the GPS turned on, otherwise whatever asshole picked it up and made no effort to return it would have received a full load of rage to the face.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
      Yeah, I lost a smart phone that way, too. Unfortunately I didn't have the GPS turned on, otherwise whatever asshole picked it up and made no effort to return it would have received a full load of rage to the face.
      I can't speak for all smart phones, but I know with iPhones, they have a way of remotely turning on the GPS if it's lost while that feature is off. I know this because I recovered a phone that way.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

With a knack in resurrecting electronics, I've made several padds and phones work over the years. The beauty of resurrecting dead stuff is that there's no warranties to stress about, so if it doesn't work, like the iPad mini, then it's nothing lost. If it does, then I've got a new toy.

Comment

Dakhur, that's my families' philosophy on electronics. If it's dead, it won't hurt anything to try and fix it ourselves. If we get it to work again, then we have major bragging rights. If we don't, we can send it for recycling and bury our shame...
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
          X