This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturdays suck.

It's like the meanest people wait all week long just to make Saturdays the worst. Actually, the opening manager said that we only had to make *insert small amount* to make our budget for the week which tells us that we were super busy, and likely to be more so today. She joked that when we made that amount she wishes she could just close the store and spend hours cleaning up. "Sorry, we don't need your money, get out." Hahaha. I'm so tired.

-I'm sorry there's a damaged spot on the fabric. You don't want it. You want me to get you the fabric, by Monday, not only sans shipping but discounted for your trouble. Excuse me while I vomit.

-I'm sorry the bathroom is out of order. Yes, it's probably some kind of OSHA violation, and if you'd stop throwing a tantrum I could get a manager to walk you into our stock room to use the employee bathroom. But I can't, because you won't stop yelling.

-No, I have no Seahawk fleece (yeah, you know what state I'm in, oh well) and I don't know if we'll get any Monday. Quite frankly, wait and see if they lose. Then no one will care, because 99% of you are fair weather fans. I would rather they lost, just to get rid of all of you. Yes, the website says we have 50 yards. I'm aware of that, and I know you drove all the way from *wherever* but we don't have any. The managers also know, and are trying to get the system updated. It's possible that it's wrong because someone stole it, so it might not be our fault.

-Great, you're on my side! It's still not good for you to mock and/or talk about another customer to me while she can hear. Then she'll blame me, even if I didn't say a word. Tell HER she's being unreasonable, not me!
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Yep, it's Saturday and the last day of the Coupon Catastrophe Calamity Commotion. That's why the lunatics were taking over the asylum. It was crazy here, too.
    Quoth notalwaysright View Post
    -No, I have no Seahawk fleece (yeah, you know what state I'm in, oh well)
    Well, I had someone demand to know why we didn't have any St. Louis Rams fabric in stock. Um, because we're nowhere near St. Louis?! Yes, you'll have to order it if you want it, we simply don't have the room in our store to carry fabric for every sports team in North America. So your options are to special order it through our store, order it online or drive two thousand miles to the St. Louis store.

We only have one professional sports team in our state, and there's little demand for their fabric; it's mostly for the local university and their biggest rival.
    She joked that when we made that amount she wishes she could just close the store and spend hours cleaning up.
    We should be so lucky! Heaven knows, the store desperately needs it...
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      Yep, it's Saturday and the last day of the Coupon Catastrophe Calamity Commotion. That's why the lunatics were taking over the asylum. It was crazy here, too.
      Today I guess someone found a stray Coupon Commotion ad (not sure if in the store, or elsewhere) and demanded we honor it, or report us for false advertising. Uh, it's expired? Customer demanded corporate's number, and took the manager's name. Help us all.

And of course, they won, so more silly NFL madness. Blerg.

Comment

Today I guess someone found a stray Coupon Commotion ad (not sure if in the store, or elsewhere) and demanded we honor it, or report us for false advertising.
        The whole nature of a coupon is that it expires! It's a limited-time offer! It's not false advertising, it's a coupon. The entitlement of some people is just mind-boggling...
        My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          The whole nature of a coupon is that it expires!
          It is so strange that people seem to have conveniently forgotten that coupons aren't issued for them, they are issued for the business. Something to unload, a way to pique interest in certain items, generating traffic for slower times; whatever it is has a specific goal. Guess what? That goal is NOT "Gosh, we love our customers, let's give some stuff away." So they expire so that the business loses as little as possible to accomplish that goal.

Why do so many people seem to think businesses are around to please them rather than make money? It's ludicrous.

(Yes, yes, I know: it's the dread T.C.I.A.R.! but still....)

Comment

coupons aren't issued for them, they are issued for the business.
            "WHA-WHA-WHAAAAAAAAT?!? Are you trying to say that they actually sent out coupons to someone else besides MEEEEEEEEE?! I'm the only reason that place stays in business! I mean, I spend fifty dollars a week there and I only return thirty of it! *SQUAWK* THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!"
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I hope it's okay to resurrect this, since it's another Saturday, and another suck.

We're quite busy, and a lady comes and wants me to call someone on the floor to help her with fabric. I explain that there isn't anybody, and since she indicated it was fabric, then grabbing a number is a good idea. So she does. She waits literally 10 seconds and storms off saying, "I'll go find a manager, I just have a question!" So she's gone for a while, and when her number gets called she's brought up some clear vinyl, which was what she had asked about in the first place. She then says, "so I carried this up, which wasn't good because I'm disabled." Lady, I NEVER said you had to do that. I said we would help you find what you needed. And her and coworker go off to the vinyl and are gone a while. I assume everything is fine. Coworker is extremely quiet and nice.

Then coworker comes back and I won't even try to explain, but it was a price issue and also a stock issue. Not the customer's fault, and not really ours either. Essentially she wanted the cheapest one, and coworker couldn't find it, and one bolt had no price so she wanted it at the cheaper price. So she then asks for a manager, which in itself wasn't unreasonable, it was the way she asked. "Can you call a manager? I've been arguing with you since I walked through the doors."

Really? Arguing, with ME? You know what, if she had said "Ma'am, I can't stand for long, is there anyone you can call to assist me?" I would have gotten a manager right away. Or I know people might not want to say they're disabled (she had NO problem saying that) so they could just straight up ask for a manager. That's not a problem. She didn't. I had no way of knowing she had an issue. She just seemed really cranky and impatient, and I certainly don't call a manager for every time somebody acts like that.

It just makes me... Arg. I don't like when they put it on me like that. Like I'm purposely inconveniencing a disabled person. And it doesn't help when it's on a busy day, and we were missing an article number. Oh, and one of the managers that day is the WORST at replying. I called her to the cutting counter to help this customer and she replied that she was ringing. Yeah, okay. So what do I tell the irate customer now? Suck, suck, SUCK all around. And I was off, so I had to leave. Yeah, that made everyone real happy. Not that I just abandoned them. I wasn't even the one helping her, the quiet coworker was just going to have to keep called for a manager.
              Last edited by notalwaysright; 09-27-2014, 08:12 PM.

Comment

...See, we had to go find some fabric to upolster the chairs for a dining set we're getting custom built.

What did we do?

We walked into the store. We found the fabric area. We found the upholstery rolls (question? WHY are those rolled SO long, but the other bolts are folded and easier to carry???)

We found what we wanted, we went to the cutting counter and saw there was a digital number display, and a ticket pull. So we pulled a ticket. And when our number was called, we asked for 3 yards, paid the price on the ticket and left.

It's not rocket science. It really isn't. But I guess for SCs, it is the equivalent of rocket science.

Comment

Disabled or no, if she was in so much of a hurry, it really wouldn't have mattered. She wanted to be the only person getting help, it seems, and has no problem distorting things to create a reason to yell at you. What an ass.
                  I hope it's okay to resurrect this
                  No worries. As long as a thread has not yet been locked by the system (which requires a looooong time with no posts), go ahead and necropost to your heart's content. Nobody will give you any flak for it.

If a thread HAS been locked that you would like to continue (by the system, and not by a mod) just make a new thread and link to the old one in your first post.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    No worries. As long as a thread has not yet been locked by the system (which requires a looooong time with no posts), go ahead and necropost to your heart's content. Nobody will give you any flak for it.
                    'Kay. You can tell I've been on other boards where they seem to care a lot, heh.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                      ...(question? WHY are those rolled SO long, but the other bolts are folded and easier to carry???)
                      I am guessing because there is usually a lot more fabric on an upholstery roll than on a standard fabric bolt, or they don't want to risk the fabric getting creased down the middle. I could be entirely wrong, but that makes the most sense to me.

If you get the double-decker type of shopping carts at our fabric store, look at the top deck, and you'll see a hinged part that you can flip up and store the fabric upright. It's much easier for long upholstery fabrics and you don't risk jousting with other customers.
                      'Kay. You can tell I've been on other boards where they seem to care a lot, heh.
                      We are a pretty relaxed bunch here, probably because we deal with enough rules lawyers and other jerks at work. As long as you don't do something against the rules, you'll be fine.
                      Last edited by XCashier; 09-28-2014, 04:28 AM.
                      My LiveJournal

Comment

And first offences against (most of) the rules just get a polite nudge from one of us mods. It's only if you act like the Cussy Sucktomer From Hell that we tell you 'door's to your left'.

We're more interested in this being a happy place than in having some sort of fake "Power" against the "People". Or something. I've never understood it.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                        X