Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the input, but the simple fact is that I know what I need to do. Actually doing it is the interesting part.

The main twist this time is £50 riding on it.

Rapscallion

Comment

road construction
      Wait, what...?

BTW Jester, bird watching is actually good exercise. My sister used to belong to a local ornithological society and those people could walk miles in pursuit of whatever bird was on the agenda....through marshes, blizzards, up and down hills, through thorn hedges, didn't matter.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

And for some reason you think that doing road construction would be any less of an exercise than birdwatching?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I can state for a fact that working a jackhammer is a lot more work than traipsing down a hill through a marsh in a blizzard, and that cleaning a boat is harder work than repairing a watch, but karaoke makes me sweat so much I'm sure the only reason could be that it belongs in the first group
          Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

A week to go. I'm a stone down (14 lb) and should be far more. Chum is ... dunno. Looks like I'm really going to have to get my act into gear and eat responsibly. However, if it costs me £50 to get rid of a stone or stone and a half, it's worth it.

What he doesn't know is that I'm planning on a rematch in Jan.

Rapscallion

Comment

My "secrets" to having lost 32 pounds (14kg-ish) since July 1st -

1. Go to Camp Puttadownadaforka - just putting down the fork works.

2. Watch what goes on to said fork. Trying to go with foods where I can easily pronounce the ingredients, AND picture them in nature or at least the animal/plant from which they come.

3. Exercise. I'm walking more, doing Wii Fit U on my Wii U, got an exercise bike. Works wonders.

4. Set small goals. Don't set a "Lose 20 pounds in 4 months", set "Lose 5 pounds in 1 month".

Comment

Working...
              X