Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Housemate loves his new pizza delivery job...NOT!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Housemate loves his new pizza delivery job...NOT!

New housemate just moved from several states away and took a temporary job to get $ while he interviews. Out of all the deliveries he makes a night in our town he maybe gets tipped 3-times. The workers at the store skip out at closing, so when he returns from making deliveries the boss asks him to stay late for clean-up (rather than make the employees hired for said task actually, you know, STAY and do their jobs). He's gone to a few deliveries that appeared to be robbery set-ups (you know, instead of delivering to the front door, orders say to come around the back alley to a side door - luckily the boss told him just go to the front, and if they didn't accept their pizza to come back). But last night took the cake for him.

It was a delivery to a hotel. Outside was a group of 5 or so 10-12 year olds it looked like. He gets out of his car and goes into the lobby, passing the kids. One gets in his face and asks for a piece of pizza. He says 'No' and keeps going. Suddenly they are all screaming for him to give them the pizza and the girl he 'no'd' keeps dodging in front of him taking swings at him. Then one of the boys joins in, and the two of them follow him all the way to the room he was delivering to throwing punches at him. He said he ignored them the whole time because he was so pissed he was going to do something he'd regret if he engaged them. He wondered where the hell the parents were and how could these kids possibly by acting so terribly!?
    Last edited by LillFilly; 09-22-2014, 11:27 AM.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Your housemate should have sicced the hotel manager on those little brats...that's completely unacceptable and borderline assault.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
      Your housemate should have sicced the hotel managercalled the police on those little brats...that's completely unacceptable and borderline assault.
      Fixed that for you.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Makes me wonder why the hell the hotel itself didn't send security after them o_O
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Welcome to wonderful world of pizza delivery......land of

---let's joke about robbing the pizza man in an elevator
          ---as in the OP little kids thinking they are EW's in training
          ---HEY I will buy that order from you for $50
          ---<opening the door> NO I did not order pizza <driver says sorry for bothering you and walks away> AWWWWWWW can't you take a joke YES I did order <we get enough pranks> Then straight stiffs you
          ---HEY you got my pizza there???? <ok what room number and what did you order???> AHHHH forget it
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
            He wondered where the hell the parents were and how could these kids possibly by acting so terribly!?
            Probably the kind of parents who would be all over his pizza place and the hotel if he pressed charges.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
            X