Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, really! I get that some people think the way this lady does, but to say all that right to your face! I would have had to walk away. I'm a cashier too, and omg I have a Discover card too! And I wouldn't consider myself poor. Geez! People suck.
    Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

I gotta hand it to my card's fraud dept. Used it in Philly, no issues, even though going by my spending habits, that should have set off alarms because I have no presence there, and it showed up as a clothing purchase, something I don't buy often.

Yet, the instant someone got ahold of my numbers and tried to by plane tickets? BAM! Cancel, new card....

They've got me as a customer for life with attention like that.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Just because the card is black, doesn't make it fancy-schmancy
        Doesn't help that Black AmEx cards are invite-only and are actually known as Centurion Cards. They're also actually marked as "American Express." (unlike a number of "black cards" over here that have the AmEx logo, but are still issued by a bank or financial services provider)
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I remember a humorous Family Guy sketch about Discover Card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePT9Ed1pk4w

Lois: "Their an exclusive club called anybody"

I had a Discover Card until Sam's Club switched to Master Card. I already miss Discover.
          I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

What a nasty bitch! She just insulted 90% of the members here! Disgrace, absolute disgrace. I'm glad her card didn't work.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
              I remember a humorous Family Guy sketch about Discover Card.

Lois: "Their an exclusive club called anybody"
              From the telemarketing job I worked for four or five months back in the early to mid 90's, I'd say that was pretty accurate. One of the ones that we did was for pre-approved cards. The quota was 10 at first and then 15 (occasionally they would even bump it up to 20) "yes" an hour. I can still rattle off almost the entire main spiel by heart.
              "May I speak with <name>?
              This is ____ calling to let you know that your new Discover card is on its way. I just need you to verify your name. And your address? Great, and then for security purposes, will you either say your birthdate or your mom's maiden name---which ever you prefer. That's all I need. Your new card will be arriving in... (I want to say two weeks, but am not certain of the closing now)"

I got one lady who didn't speak English, and had no clue what I was saying but she knew the words name and address and I knew cumpleaños so she got a new credit card.

Comment

That's the point where I would be happy about telling someone that their card has been declined.

That poor person comment is just stupid.
                I bet she maxes out her account monthly and then falls behind on payments so she thinks gambling will make it all better.
                Also, go on somewhere with that poor people working behind registers bullshit.
                What if you OWNED this place and decided to actually do some work? Are you demeaning yourself by dealing with whiny idiots like that all day?

Comment

Quoth Flygon_Trainer View Post
                  .. Though it is kind of unfortunate to cancel the card you're currently holding without ensuring the new one has actually reached you.
                  Yeah, but I figure they're trying to err on the side of caution -- in such a case, though, they *really* need to get a new card out to you overnight whenever possible.

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                  The translation is "poor people shouldn't have credit cards at all."
                  Aye. She was a right bitch, no matter how you slice it
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Yeah, the only 'credit' card I use is issued by my bank, and doubles as my ATM card, but my bank is quick to shoot me an email if they notice unusual activity on it. The emails state something to the effect of "if it was not you that made this purchase, contact us immediately at xxx-xxxx."

When I spent a lot of money in clothing stores upgrading my wardrobe before going to Mexico last year, they sent me emails about it. Two weeks ago, when I spent over $100 at the Teeter in OBX, they sent me an email about it.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Yeah, when I bought my current laptop, I got a very prompt request from my credit union to please call them to confirm the purchase was valid, since dropping that much at one shot on that card is outside my normal pattern (although the store I was at is one I use enough that it wasn't unusual for them to see a charge from there). I did promptly make that call, thanking them for their attention.
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I'm poor. I had a Discover. And I have coworkers at a retail store with double degrees. This woman is completely ignorant about how the world works.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Unemployed

I have been unemployed for over three years now and my MasterCard still has a credit limit of $45,000 available on it. I drop a couple of thousand dollars into the account before going on any major trips so they have let me keep my present limits.

If you want to prove to me that you are rich because of which credit card you use, you better be putting one of the following on the counter:

http://www.mining.com/credit-card-ma...-of-man-59342/

http://geekologie.com/2012/11/100000...old-and-di.php

http://www.incrediblethings.com/web/...amonds-pearls/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2056535.html

Otherwise your credit is no diffirent than what the rest of us have: A Cheap Piece of Plastic.

Comment

I am poor. I use my Discover Card as my main card. The first I learned of Discover was around 30 years ago. Sears stores only accepted cash, Sears card, and Discover Card. We often shopped at Sears for Christmas. It was an anchor store in the mall and a different store than today. I am confused why Sears would promote a rich person's credit card.

Discover sent me a new card after one of the recent hacking incidents. But they didn't cancel my original card before I got the replacement.

Comment

Just as a side note -- there is a site out there that will remove your name/address from Credit Card company mailing lists, should you not desire to be solicited/"preapproved" via phone or snailmail. Works the same basic way as DNC (read: if you have business/an account with a CC company, they can still send you account business-related mail and calls). I signed up on it years ago, and it does work (after all, legit companies don't wanna waste money marketing to people who are never gonna sign up...)
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
                                Discover sent me a new card after one of the recent hacking incidents. But they didn't cancel my original card before I got the replacement.
                                We're of course assuming that she didn't receive the card, assume it was junk mail without opening it, and threw it away, and Discover didn't eventually have to say, "well, we have no choice but to cancel it for security even though we don't know why she hasn't activated the new card."
                                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                                X