This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sucidal Squirrels"

Half my town's power went out the other day because of a "suicidal squirrel". It climbed on top of a transformer & got "toasted". Happens so often that they're putting in "anti-squirrel devices". Don't ask me how they work. I just know it's meant to discourage those little rascals from climbing up there.

Would have been handy at my last house. Roughly once every two years when I was living there, we'd lose power because a squirrel ran up one specific utility pole (ALWAYS that same one!), get too close to the big humming cylinder, and *POP* goes the weasel. Best case scenario: No power for the block for 5 hours, and an unfortunate electric company dude who has to clean off the radial-pattern of soot (on the upside, soot was all that was left...)
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

In a morbid sense it would be fascinating to watch it in slow-mo just to see how a living thing can be turned to soot.
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

A. there's a news report about squirrels tunneling into nuclear bases so I don't think they will be stopped

http://www.northernbroadcasting.com/...Squirrels.aspx

B. Suicidal Squirrels is a great band name.
        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
          B. Suicidal Squirrels is a great band name.
          Flaming Squirrel Comets is a better one.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
          X