X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple's new better way to charger your iPhone

No, not really, but...

http://consumerist.com/2014/09/24/no...the-microwave/

Lets see how many stories of people doing this make the news.
    Seph
    Taur10
    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Buh-wuh? Before I started reading this forum, I'd have asked WHO would try something that stupid, but I'm very aware now that "SC" and "common sense" are not concepts that belong in the same sentence.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

This reminds me of the hoaxes floating around when iOS7 came out, stating that among other things, your phone was waterproof and could handle drops of up to 1.5m.

No, I did not fall for them (at the time I had an iPhone).
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        This reminds me of the hoaxes floating around when iOS7 came out, stating that among other things, your phone was waterproof and could handle drops of up to 1.5m.

No, I did not fall for them (at the time I had an iPhone).
        To be fair, the drop one is true. Provided that you drop the phone onto something soft like a pillow.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
        my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
        it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Speaking of which -- someone out there has apparently figured out how to take advantage of the motion sensors (in either iOS or Androids, unsure which), in order to make the phone do the Wilhelm Scream when it is dropped. Natch, they recommend dropping it onto something soft if you wanna test it out
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The drop think could be true if you have it in a good enough case.

No, I don't drop my phone daily, nor I have I dropped it down a flight of ceramic tile stairs, why do you ask?
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

"Should I get a hose?" ARE YOU INSANE? And he's standing a couple of feet from the microwave.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Now we have iPhone Bend™.

http://imgur.com/a/tJOtB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVO_aleen6E

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  "Should I get a hose?" ARE YOU INSANE? And he's standing a couple of feet from the microwave.
                  "....Yes.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Mr. Darwin on the other line. He's really giggly for some reason."
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    "....Yes.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a Mr. Darwin on the other line. He's really giggly for some reason."
                    And for some strange reason I'm getting giggly just watching that video . . . this sounds like something right out of Beavis and Butt-Head.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Speaking of which -- someone out there has apparently figured out how to take advantage of the motion sensors (in either iOS or Androids, unsure which), in order to make the phone do the Wilhelm Scream when it is dropped. Natch, they recommend dropping it onto something soft if you wanna test it out
                      that is BRILLIANT. most likely Android if it's integrated into the OS shell, but an App should be possible with the iPhone (I mean you can get a whip-cracking app)

Comment

I wonder what the next spoof will be. IOS 9 including an enhancement for the iPhone 6 that lets you choose to make it either flexible (i.e. bending won't damage it) or ultra-rigid (so it won't bend when stressed)?
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          I wonder what the next spoof will be. IOS 9 including an enhancement for the iPhone 6 that lets you choose to make it either flexible (i.e. bending won't damage it) or ultra-rigid (so it won't bend when stressed)?
                          Nah, iOS 9 will make your iPhone fireproof
                          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                            Nah, iOS 9 will make your iPhone fireproof
                            Or will it come with a fire extinguisher app?
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                            X