This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are not your pizza delivery

So a CW dealt with this group of five guys the other night.

Apparently, we have "no customer service." Why?

Because they wanted us to take our 16-person shuttle bus (not the most fuel-efficient vehicle, mind you) and not drive them anywhere, but drive solo 45 minutes away to pick up pizza and then drive it back for them.

The pizza they wanted is from a cheap, greasy pizza joint attached to a tap house, and indeed alcohol is recommended in order to properly consume such a pizza (I have ordered from there many times myself). There's a better quality place locally that actually delivers to the resort, but that just wouldn't do.

What is unique about this specific place is that they make these extremely over-priced 26" pizzas that are so huge, you have to tilt the box just to get it through the door. The group of 5 thought they were going to eat four of these by themselves, and wanted us to pick it up for them. (FTR, I have ordered one of these for a housewarming party, and six of us didn't even finish off that one.)

They were told hell no, though in more polite terms. And apparently, we are just the worst for it.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I don't even think that a taxi would do this.
    Were they snippy about it?

Comment

Quoth SuckMyFuxkCustomers View Post
      I don't even think that a taxi would do this.
      The company I drive for used to, until some joker ordered twenty pizzas and were not to be found anywhere when the driver arrived with the pizzas and the bill.
      The manager paid for the ride and pizzas out of his own pocket and send an invitation out on the radio to come by the office and have a free slice, so it had a happy ending. Still, that was the end of that service.
      There are so many fast-food places who deliver nowadays anyway, the only thing we pay for and bring out now is medicine.

Comment

That's what places like Takeout Taxi are for o_O This sort of thing is explicitly what they do...for a fee, of course

People would occasionally send TT to my old pizza joint even though we delivered -- presumably they were out of ANY delivery area, which is usually either means they are in one of those "Only Domino's delivers there" areas.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I don't think I've ever heard of that in SmallSouthernTown, USA.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
            What is unique about this specific place is that they make these extremely over-priced 26" pizzas that are so huge, you have to tilt the box just to get it through the door. The group of 5 thought they were going to eat four of these by themselves, and wanted us to pick it up for them.
            Don't tell me, let me guess: They had the munchies.
            Being high would also explain why they thought that request was reasonable.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
              Don't tell me, let me guess: They had the munchies.
              Being high would also explain why they thought that request was reasonable.
              OK, now their request makes sense...well, sort of...

Comment

"Sure, we'll pick up your pizzas for you. For a $100 fee. Payable in advance."
                You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I'd be thinking you get there and Oh look, the pizzas need paid for!

Comment

Working...
                  X