This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't cut off that person

This is from Hubby's CW. CW was responding to an alarm across town, so he was in a hurry. So whilst driving the clearly marked patrol vehicle, he sort of cut someone off.

Except that someone was his boss.

Not his direct supervisor. Not even the head manager of the firm.

It was the owner and president of the firm's parent company. The really super duper big boss.

He wasn't fired, but was told to not cut people off in company vehicles anymore. At least, not the owner of the company.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

That's a BIG "oops!" he's lucky to still be employed.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Since this is an emergency, the suck should be on the company, not him. If he didn't cut anyone off and someone died because he failed to reach them in time, he'd be in bigger trouble than this, and the company would lose a LOT of face.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

cindy, I'm with you!
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

OTOH, if he cut someone off and got in an accident as a result...
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
            OTOH, if he cut someone off and got in an accident as a result...
            That would be his own fault. However, I'm assuming that he was VERY careful, and using his turn signals, sirens and flashers; am I right?

One more thing: I don't know what your husband's company was thinking, but here in my home province, if we're driving on the highway and we see an emergency vehicle behind us with sirens blaring and lights flashing, we're supposed to slow down, signal and move to the right and stop when it's safe to do so.
            Last edited by cindybubbles; 10-09-2014, 05:46 PM.
            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
              That would be his own fault. However, I'm assuming that he was VERY careful, and using his turn signals, sirens and flashers; am I right?
              No sirens. They're not that flashy. They just say "[Company Name] Security Patrol" in nice big letters on the sides.

I would hope that he was using a turn signal and being careful. Any accident in the company vehicle, regardless of who is at fault, is an automatic 1 week suspension and drug test.
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                Any accident in the company vehicle, regardless of who is at fault, is an automatic 1 week suspension and drug test.
                So if someone in a company vehicle were driving under an overpass, and either a chunk of concrete fell off and hit the vehicle, or there were a collision on the overpass resulting in one of the vehicles involved going through the guardrail and landing on the company vehicle, the driver of the company vehicle would get an automatic suspension and drug test?
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  So if someone in a company vehicle were driving under an overpass, and either a chunk of concrete fell off and hit the vehicle, or there were a collision on the overpass resulting in one of the vehicles involved going through the guardrail and landing on the company vehicle, the driver of the company vehicle would get an automatic suspension and drug test?
                  Yep. Possible drug-induced omniscience failure.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Oh my God! OOOOPS!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      By policy, yes. In practice...depends on staffing levels and how much you are needed.

Comment

Working...
                      X