This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook

Here recently I let everybody know that, due to health, I was taking a break from facebook. Eventually it might come to deleting my page. This does not apply to this site, I am sticking around. So, you might ask yourself..why the difference. Logging onto facebook had a tendency of making me ill. I would log on and be bombarded by messages asking why most of my posts were negative. Failing that, there were questions about if I was really ill, or just attention speaking. Now lets not make this thread negative, lets just leave it that my family can be 'special'. It became exhausting just to open facebook. Now it had died down a lot from when my illness started..but the damage had been done. Even blocking people would not help now. The well has already been poisoned.

The people here, and from Devil's Panties have been universally supportive (DP was how I found this site). That and the stories here are so amusing (though not to the poor people who start the topic) I smile every time I log on. No.. Facebook is its own special beast, and one I don't feel up to sticking my head in its maw. So yes I am avoiding it because of health reasons..the reason that it makes me feel even worse when opening it
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Totally understand that Myt. We all go through our issues with the world and Facebook tends to be an exceptionally bad well for those issues to arise and to be hurt for them.

We all love you here, friend. x
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

What Gizmo said. ^_^ You're among friends, here.

If there's something toxic in your life like that, removing it is a GOOD thing.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Cool with me. I can still track you down.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Can't say I blame you one bit. There are times I don't check in on FB for a few days either.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Makes sense to me. Stay away from negative people, they add nothing but pain to your life.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
            X