Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy got stuck on the same track for twelve minutes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy got stuck on the same track for twelve minutes.

Customer calls in, his tablet's been giving him messages saying it's out of memory. He wants to know what I can do to fix it. Says he's already tried moving his apps from "app storage" to "regular storage" and it hasn't helped. I'm like, OK, whatevs, we can get this figured out. Turns out there's a software update that can fix the problem, but he can't download the update because his tablet's complaining that the memory is full.

(Note that in this case, software = the base stuff the tablet runs on. Apps = the icons you tap on to do different stuff. Two completely different things.)

Exchange goes something like this:

"So, you aren't able to update your tablet's software, right?"

"I can't do ANYTHING with my apps. I can't update, them, I can't delete them; it just keeps giving me a message saying that the memory's full!"

"OK. Have you tried deleting all your downloaded apps off the tablet to see if it would let you update the software?"

"I can't do ANYTHING with them! It won't let me update them, it won't let me move them, it just keeps giving me a message saying that the memory's full!"

"OK. But have you tried DELETING your downloaded applications to free up space?"

"I can't! I don't have any downloaded applications on the tablet! And I can't update any of my applications, I can't move any more of them to regular storage, I tried moving them all already..."

"OK. We won't worry about downloading them, then. Let me see what else I can find out for you.

"No. I don't have any more apps to delete. The tablet won't let me update any of my apps or move them to regular storage. It keeps telling me I'm out of memory!"

I could only conclude that he'd been dealing with the issue for so long (eight months!) that his brain had become stuck in a loop.
    Last edited by Sugarpuff; 10-06-2014, 04:02 AM.
Working...
X