This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lots of little sucky things, I guess

This doesn't fit any category, and it's several incidents.

1. We had a lot of staff in this morning and radios were scarce. Someone really needed one and one of the MODs was on the radio asking if anyone could give one up. I noticed I didn't hear her on the all-store channel, which they'd normally use. I figured she was on another and didn't realize; it happens to all of us. So I let her know I thought that was the case. Her snarky response was "I don't need to be on channel 1." She said it just like that. She's never snapped at me like that and I was quite offended, since I was trying to help and she jumped on me. Ignored me the rest of the day.

2. I had an akward situation where I thought I was supposed to go to break and a customer walked up and I told him I was closed. He informed me my light was on and I apologized for my mistake and rang him up. That went fine; he seemed nice enough. Then he asked if it was fairly simple to sign up for a credit card and I told him it was only 5 minutes or so, and I could do it. So we started on that and at some point he asked if it was hard to get sign-ups because of all the credit security issues going on all over. I said yes, but I didn't understand why because our custys could get a debit, which I personally feel safer with since the number can't be run as a credit anywhere and you need a PIN to use it. His response, in a you-must-be-stupid tone of voice, was "I didn't say I didn't want it" or something like that. It was his tone I didn't like. I was nice to him and he treated me like I was stupid at that moment. I really don't think he meant it or even realized how it sounded, but it made me feel 3 inches tall.

3. Had to ID someone for cough syrup. "Seriously??" No; I'm making it up. Then it was "It's children's* cough syrup!" I wanted to say, "Makes you think about what you're giving your kid, huh?" I simply said, "Yes, it is." She hemmed and hawed and said she'd never heard of this before. People just take whatever OTCs and have no idea what they're consuming. Whatever; I didn't make the rules. I'd like to see her try to get pseudoephedrine from the pharmacy...

4. A funny one: so boss man said at one point, "This place is beginning to feel like Voldemart." He was referring to the weird customers we've been getting lately, and some of the new employees. (He evidently feels our company is better than Wally World, and some of our employees belong there.) His next sentence was "Watch; some employee will come in with a blue shirt and they'll just let it fly." Well, half an hour later New Girl came in with a sweater that was technically the right color...in places. Half of it was blue-striped. (It was a color-blocked design). I asked boss man, "What were you saying about a blue shirt?"

* I've had a woman protest being IDed for alcohol because "I have kids!" Yeah, people can have kids at 14; what's your point?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    * I've had a woman protest being IDed for alcohol because "I have kids!" Yeah, people can have kids at 14; what's your point?
    Oh yeah, I remember that righteous indignation. I once carded a couple, and the woman was quite pregnant. I hadn't noticed that feature, but it didn't matter anyway, I was required by law to card people who didn't look over 21 (and the couple looked YOUNG). The woman got pissed, because how dare I suggest she would drink while pregnant and she would never do that, etc.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
    X