Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Hugs* I'm sorry you're having to go through all this. Have you thought about getting a job with your husband as a remote lodge caretaker somewhere? You'd probably deal more with wildlife than people and you and your husband would get the chance to spend some quality time together.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Jack Nicholson and an ax sound friendlier than the shithole you're trying to deal with right now. Geez.
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
        I created all the standards that belong to this front desk and housekeeping from scratch. Hours and hours I've worked.
        Take them with you if/when you leave.

Let whoever they replace you with figure it out themselves, the way you had to.

Comment

Give your notice. Then do the bare minimum at your job until your last day. This job is not worth risking your life and/or health for, anyway.
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I just walked away from a job that I had for 9 years. Politics turned my workplace into toxic, draining drudgery. My immediate supervisor was such a weasel, I hesitated to leave because of pride. "I couldn't let this turd run me off" I said to myself, but it got to the point where I felt like my life was getting sucked out of me. Those hard last years taught me something: never get emotionally attached to a job, never let pride for your work get in the way of escaping a toxic environment.

Comment

I'm going to second Labcat.

The stress that can come from getting attached to a job that turns toxic is a horrible thing to force yourself to go through. If not the mental health issues, then the method you use to deal with that stress - I know that it's time to leave a job when I self-medicate with booze after every shift. I'm not supposed to drink, but when I get to the point that it's the only way to unwind after a shitty shift it's not a good scene.

Comment

Quoth LabCat View Post
                I just walked away from a job that I had for 9 years. Politics turned my workplace into toxic, draining drudgery. My immediate supervisor was such a weasel, I hesitated to leave because of pride. "I couldn't let this turd run me off" I said to myself, but it got to the point where I felt like my life was getting sucked out of me. Those hard last years taught me something: never get emotionally attached to a job, never let pride for your work get in the way of escaping a toxic environment.
                Yes. You can like your job, but remember that your employer is NOT emotionally attached to you - if you get emotionally attached to them, you hand them a tool with which they can abuse you.
                Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Working...
                X