Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my teachers in high school had the license plate "SPQR". Yes, he taught Latin, among other subjects
    "People can be relied upon to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid." from Seize the Night by Dean Koontz

Comment

UncleImpy - Or, ya know, EDSNSUX (Edison Sucks)! (~~'My name is TESLAAA! Nikola! Impeccably dressed'~~)

kmariem - That's awesome.
      Quoth otakuneko View Post
      "KNIGHT" (Obscure! Hint: The car is a deep shade of red. Hint2: If I parked it at an anime convention, passerby would be likely to get the reference)
      Dammit, I'm an anime fan and the first thing I did was to wonder if either a) "Impreza" meant "saber" (it doesn't), or b) it was owned by someone named Priss/Priscilla. I'm fairly certain that I'm not even close.

...That should give you a fairly good idea about how old much of my anime collection is, however >_>
      Last edited by EricKei; 10-16-2014, 08:15 PM.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
        I drive a Subaru Impreza.

My choices for a plate would be...

"NOT WRX" (because, well, it's not)
        "SCOOBY" (Scooby Doo -> Scubaru -> Subaru)
        "KNIGHT" (Obscure! Hint: The car is a deep shade of red. Hint2: If I parked it at an anime convention, passerby would be likely to get the reference)
        A guy on another board had an early Impreza...I suggested "AWDFROG".

Comment

My neighbor has a Nissan Cube with the plate "TOASTA." I've also seen a local computer repair geek whose plate is BYTEME.

While driving back from NY last month, we passed an Infiniti with the plate "&BEYOND" - both of us loved it.
          The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

MY college meteorology professor, who sadly is now deceased, had the license plate GNEISS on her van.

She also taught geology.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Dammit, I'm an anime fan and the first thing I did was to wonder if either a) "Impreza" meant "saber" (it doesn't), or b) it was owned by someone named Priss/Priscilla. I'm fairly certain that I'm not even close.

...That should give you a fairly good idea about how old much of my anime collection is, however >_>
              Oh, that's a good one, but I think you'll have to go quite a bit newer and connect a few more dots to get the reference I was going for.

If mine was a WRX, I could go with "TOFU SHOP" ...that oughta be easy.
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

A heavy metal band where I live tools around town in tricked out hearse whose plates reads: DEADSLED

One of their songs? "Killing Solves Everything"
                Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Not really a vanity plate but

89(something)-DDD

Think about it for a moment and it is NOT Diners, Diver-ins & Dives
                  Last edited by Racket_Man; 10-19-2014, 08:47 AM.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

One plate I saw that made me ask everyone I knew about it for weeks afterwards was-

PNSPLR

I wrote it down, then asked what they interpreted it to mean. Most people read it the way I first did, but we came up with various other meanings as well.
                    Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
                    It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Quoth UncleImpy View Post
                      My plan when I buy my Model S at the end of the year is to grab NIKOLA for the plate. Lets just hope no one has it yet
                      i dunno if "NIKOLA" is taken, but i saw this on the web a while back and thought of it immediately!

Comment

This one's a little bit easier to figure out ; I always enjoyed seeing this one.
                        Attached Files
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I saw a Smart Car with the license plate of NANO. I was sad I was driving an unable to take a picture of it.

The other car I saw was one of the newer WV Beetles. It was painted all over with clouds and lightning, and the plate read LTNGBUG.
                          "I try to take reality one day at time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."

Comment

I saw a car recently with a license plate that read "IH8UALL"

There are some days when I want to have that license plate.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I saw a plate several years ago that said "futile". What made it so funny was the frame that said "We are the Borg. Resistance is"

Comment

I saw one a few years ago: LVY 666
                                "People can be relied upon to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid." from Seize the Night by Dean Koontz

Comment

Working...
                                X