This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs that you are an adult

when you're birthday is coming up and your mom asks what you want and gives you a price limit that would include a PS4 and you decide instead to ask for a high end vacuum cleaner because you are tired of how long you are spending on cleaning because yours takes so many passes to actually clean the carpet.
    Is this maturity? It seems so much more boring that I anticipated.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Could be ^_^ Maturity can be a bit boring at times, but you'll probably live longer...so that you can enjoy the tedium...c_c ...That didn't come out quite right, did it? >_< Let's try again.

Look at it this way -- the new vac will hopefully save you some time, giving you a little more time to relax and play the PS4 that you will eventually be able to save up for and purchase, now that you don't need to save up for a new vac anymore.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

What EricKei said.

I look at it this way - if somebody wants to buy me an expensive gift I will go for something that will make life easier. Such as a vacuum, washing machine, and the like. If I still want something at all frivolous I will not feel so bad for buying it at that point.

Comment

Someone tell me why we CELEBRATE getting old?!

My birthday list has been the same for a long time: nothing. (Come to think of it, that's my Christmas list, too.)

Comment

Quoth Jarlaxle View Post
          It is a guilt-free opportunity to eat cake and ice cream.

Not to mention getting older beats the alternative.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post

Amen to this!
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Being an adult: facing the drain cover that's gotten clogged with hair and soap and yuck, and accepting that it's gonna be you who cleans it.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Being a grownup means you can eat ice cream for dinner....being mature means knowing that ice cream for dinner is not a great idea...
                My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  Being an adult: facing the drain cover that's gotten clogged with hair and soap and yuck, and accepting that it's gonna be you who cleans it.
                  Accepted that challenge when I was still a teenager.

These days, I get excited over getting a new DVD from Amazon or a new bottle of perfume.

As for the vacuum cleaner, I was SO excited when I got my Dyson I posted a pic of of it on FB.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Jarlaxle View Post

My birthday list has been the same for a long time: nothing. (Come to think of it, that's my Christmas list, too.)
                    Same here, in a way. I dread Christmas, because when my sister asks what I want, I have no idea what to tell her. Last At least my parents give me money for Christmas, so it's easier.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post

Not to mention getting older beats the alternative.
                    Yeah, but I don't like cake and ice cream.
                    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                      Yeah, but I don't like cake and ice cream.
                      That's the advantage of a birthday. As the birthday person you get to have whatever you want guilt free.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                        I was SO excited when I got my Dyson I posted a pic of of it on FB.
                        I totally misread that.... I was thinking I'd be excited if I got Dyson from Lost Girl.....

Can you tell I'm not awake yet?
                        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Eating ice cream for dinner every now and then is ok. Just have some extra veggies for a couple of days.

Recently my boyfriend told me to pick out one kitchen gadget not more than $200 that I wanted. I thought about it for maybe a full minute and decided on a small chest freezer. This made him pause and look at me oddly. Turns out he'd expected me to go for some toy, basically, some specialty cooking gadget that would maybe get used once a month or so.
                          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                          X