Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If at first you don't get what you want...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If at first you don't get what you want...

Change your story until you do! So this is pieced together, but I'll just tell it all at once. In short sentences, because I'm cranky.

Someone tries to return fabric bought online. Our store does not do this. Online purchases must be shipped back. Manager #1 tells customer this. Customer insists. Manager #1 calls customer service, and let them speak directly with the customer. Customer service informs her of the correct return policy. Customer goes away from the register. Customer asks where a specific brand of decorator fabric samples are, I tell her. She can't find them, asks again, I walk back and show her. There are only a few, this is not good. Then I get a story about how she called here a month ago, spoke with a manager and was told that if she ordered something online she could return it in store. Fabric doesn't match. She has to pay to ship it back.* Unaware of previous exchange with Manager #1, I call Store Manager. Store Manager spends at least half an hour with the customer, gives in to everything.

Anyone catch the story change? According to Manager #1 and original cashier involved, she never claimed to have spoken with anyone previously. Come ON. She sat through the phone call to customer service and at no point said, "can I talk to the manager I spoke to before?" She doesn't remember who she spoke to, but it was the STORE MANAGER. Guess what? A month ago we didn't have an official store manager. It was a period between the old store manager retiring, and the new one getting here. Moral of the story? Lie until you get your way.

*Yeah, I don't think the company I work for offers free return shipping. In this specific case, if color matching was so critical, she should have ordered swatches online. She even told me that she knew she could have, but didn't because she didn't want to pay for them. FYI, an 8"x8" swatch costs $3, shipping is free.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.
Working...
X