X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Lights Mean Everything is Fine

Right?

I got into an accident today (I'm fine, they're fine. I have a ticket for my troubles, but I earned it, so I'm not mad.)

The other car couldn't go in forward after the accident. So they were stuck. I pulled forward so they could reverse into the middle lane.

While she was working on doing that, someone yelled behind her: "Get out of the road!" and honked their horn at her.

Which would have been fair enough, but she had her emergency lights on. Which obviously means something is wrong, like perhaps, that she cannot move out of the lane.

Duh.

Rule #1: People are stupid

But I'm glad you're ok
    "People can be relied upon to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid." from Seize the Night by Dean Koontz

Comment

After writing off my car in '94, I had someone scream at me to "get that piece of shit out of the way." Uh, see that big green puddle? See the massive cloud of smoke and steam pouring out from the front end? See the trunk pushed into the rear door...which has been turned 45 degrees, and pushed into the rear tire, flattening it? Trust me asshole, if I could move the car, I would. But, as it's now fatally injured, you can fuck off.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I remember when the husband's land boat died on the road. He put on the flashers, and I was out pushing it to get it out of the way. Still got honked at plenty of times. Like, if I could push it faster, trust me, I would!
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
          I remember when the husband's land boat died on the road. He put on the flashers, and I was out pushing it to get it out of the way. Still got honked at plenty of times. Like, if I could push it faster, trust me, I would!
          And if they had really been worried about the land yacht being in the road, then they could have very well gotten out of their vehicles and helped you push.

But as we all know, not only are some people stupid, they're impatient to boot.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Many years back, my mother's car dropped its muffler, which promptly got lodged between the rear wheel and the corresponding fender. Needless to say, with the wheel jammed so it couldn't turn, that car wasn't going anywhere.

The number of people who came up behind her, and then honked when she wouldn't get out of their way, was astounding.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I broke down in the left turn lane of a traffic controlled light in a downtown once. I had a cop roll up on me and ask the problem. Told him the tow was on the way, and before I could ask for help, rolled back on his way. Leaving me to sit on my trunk and direct folks around the car... thank you Pottsville, I see that my tax dollars where well spent. But I never did get honked at. Just lots of exasperation.
              But the paint on me is beginning to dry
              And it's not what I wanted to be
              The weight on me
              Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Working...
              X