X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't math

Self sighting.

Last night I was taking my BFF home and she wanted to stop at a store to pick up some coffee. I suggested the Super Bulls-eye that was not too far from where she is currently living (lease is up at end of month) because I wanted to see if by chance their frozen chicken breast were on sale. I got a bag of the four cheese one a while back to grill one when I make a large salad for dinner, and it was beyond awesome. Not only were they a dollar off the regular price but there was a text a code and get a coupon for five dollars off twenty five worth of frozen food. So, I decided to use my credit card instead of my debit (would have been dragging it out to buy groceries before the end of the month anyhow unless I found a winning lottery ticket on the ground). I grabbed a couple bags of the chicken breasts--the four cheese, and a garlic herb that sounded good too--some frozen meatballs (them and a jar of pasta sauce are a staple for a quick spaghetti or rigatoni dinner around here), and some frozen veggies...adding the items up in my head as I went. I follow my friend to a still open register (it was about a half hour before close) and shortly after we got in the line, the clerk turned off his light so I was his last customer of the night. He scanned all my items and then the bar code that I got from the link in the text, and it came up "not enough spent" I look up at the screen saw the total was $21.34 and it dawns on me... When I saw the advert on the freezer door I subtracted the five dollars and figured putting $20 on my card would be okay, and then I had that figure stuck in my head as the goal to reach. My friend J asked me if I wanted to grab something else to get up to the twenty five dollars. I paused and thought for a couple seconds. I didn't want to make the guy have to wait while I "ran and got one more thing", but my finance are tight and I could use the essentially free food I'd get by adding something else. I told J to grab another bag of the four cheese chicken and as she briskly walked off to get it, I told the guy I already had got one bag of it and to go ahead and scan it again so he didn't have to wait on my friend to get back. I'm not sure, but I think he was relieved I had him do that so he could get out on time.
Working...
X