This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    Yes, wear any color of shirt you like. But if you are on a certain starship, do not ever wear a red shirt.
    Actually, you could get away with wearing a red shirt as long as you never beamed down to a planet. See also: Lt. Cdr. Montgomery Scott, and this guy.
    "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      ...mine would be olive, teal, forest, or lime: all still green, all allowed.
      Lime is good. Neon is better
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
        Of course the complainer didn't have a uniform at all, so why are they bothered by something over which they have no influence nor are they in any way affected by?!
        Because if workers aren't in a recognizable uniform, the complainer might make the mistake of treating them as actual human beings.

Comment

We are currently undergoing a uniform switch at work...our old polo shirts are tan, the new ones are blue. We can wear either. Today, my CW was wearing her blue one.
          Customer says to her "Oh, you have a blue shirt today...to match your eyes"

Her eyes are green. She politely says so. Customer responds: "How unfortunate for you"

wth? lol

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
            Because if workers aren't in a recognizable uniform, the complainer might make the mistake of treating them as actual human beings.
            Where's the like button? Also, yes, lime is awesome, and green eyes are fantastic.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I get this a lot where I work. I do front desk of a hotel and all the front desk staff personnel have a uniform with the exception of supervisors and night audit staff. These individuals wear dress clothes. I fall into the category of night audit supervisor so I get to wear a shirt and tie and black pants.

People will come up to the desk and ask "why aren't you wearing your uniform?" I reply that I am a supervisor and that supervisors dress in professional dress to make themselves more recognizable as a supervisor and ask if there is anything I can help them with. I had a guy reply "no I don't need anything...just get in uniform..." and walked away.

Other night audit personnel are allowed to dress in dress clothes because when they are working they are also considered to be more of a supervisor than a regular desk clerk due to their duties (they get paid more for audit as well as having the obligation of being manager on duty for the entire hotel if I'm not there).
              "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

I've been wearing my not-[color] shirts to work all week and no one has a problem with it. I don't know what was up with that guy, except that he was too focused on my torso.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                X