Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What really bothers me is that the guilty parties are more than likely going to get off scot-free while those who tried to do the right thing get thrown under the bus.

I only hope karma comes back hard on Bitchy Lady, Spineless Manager, the power mad Cops and everybody else who started or escalated this tragedy...

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
      Very minor devil's advocate question: did anyone tell the cop that Mr D is autistic?

Mr. D and his Mother Mrs. T have shopped in the store thru several owners over the past forty years. Many of my customers and several of my employees attended school with Mr. D. The cop that responded actually sat on the curb with me several weeks earlier while I calmed Mr. D from Bitchy Lady's initial outburst.

As of today, I still have my job...of course the week is new and my supervisor has just returned from vacation. Tradition dictates that she will visit on Wednesday, my day off, to try to find any reason...and I mean any reason to question me, my decisions, or the way I run the department.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Seriously, I know jobs are hard to come by, but you don't deserve to work for a boss who's fine with treating an autistic person like that. Nobody does. Who knows, maybe you'd get job offers from other places if it gets out that you stood up for Mr. D when nobody else would.

My last great act will be to allow my cousin to report the story, send an email to the owner of the company, and contact my attorney. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. In today's economy, jobs are hard to find...but it is harder to find an employee with ethics and integrity and I have both. A business mentor of mine once told me "do the right thing for the right reason," and that advice has never failed me.
      Last edited by EricKei; 10-29-2014, 02:25 AM. Reason: Triple merge

Comment

Quoth carryonnow
        My last great act will be to allow my cousin to report the story, send an email to the owner of the company, and contact my attorney. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. In today's economy, jobs are hard to find...but it is harder to find an employee with ethics and integrity and I have both. A business mentor of mine once told me "do the right thing for the right reason," and that advice has never failed me.
        Hear, hear!

Comment

Quoth carryonnow
          Why wait? There's no time like the present.
          Random Doctor Who quote:
          "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
          I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

Comment

In that case, the cop should (in an ideal world) have remembered Mr D/your shop/you and let someone who knows Mr D handle him. Of course, cops, like retail folks, tend to see too many people & situations every day to remember them all.

Still, this is a pretty damn distinctive one.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

The plot thickens...Followup here.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                Of course, cops, like retail folks, tend to see too many people & situations every day to remember them all.

Still, this is a pretty damn distinctive one.
                Aside from it being very distinctive, if all areas set up their patrols like they do in my neck of the woods, the officer definitely would have had other interactions with staff and Mr. D. because he would always be on a similar beet. The C-store I work at gets the same about 6 police officers coming in every swing shift, because neighborhood assignments are at least semi-permanent. They recognize a lot of our regulars and our regulars recognize them. Now, if this was an officer who was out of his normal area because it was an emergency call and the regular officer wasn't available, that would be one thing, but that it appears this is his normal patrol area, it is hard to believe that this was only his second encounter with Mr. D or that he wouldn't have been able to remember him. Would I expect him to remember Mr. D's name and exactly what his disability is? Of course not, but I'd expect him to at least remember that he is disabled and needs a lighter touch.
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                X