This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
    So sorry for your loss. All of my grandparents have passed on - my one grandad I never even met (he died before I was born). My children only have one grandparent left as well. Getting old sucks! But again, so sorry for your loss
    I never met my maternal grandmother or aunt - my aunt died directly in a fire and my grandmother hung on for about 3 years, they were both gone before WW2. My maternal grandfather saw me right after I was born - my Mom had me in Rochester NY while my Dad was stationed at Camp/Fort Drum [it flip flops between the two over the decades.] He died while we were living in Germany. My paternal grandfather died in 1972, and my grandmother in 1981. The reason? Both my parents were born in the early 1920s, married in 1949 and didn't start having kids until my deceased sister was born in 1956 [brother in 59 and me in 61 - my sister died when I was 5, one of the reasons my Dad was rotated to Fort Dix, so she could go to Sloan Kettering. One of my final memories of her was with her severely moonfaced from cortisone, she was an experimental patient for using it to treat leukemia.] We should have been born at least 10 years earlier. I get weirded out my people under 30 with kids, I always saw my parents in their 40s and older.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Thanks all. I really appreciate the thoughts.
      Grandma's viewing and memorial service was over the weekend. She's being cremated, and her ashes will be buried in the family plot later this week. Plenty of family drama involved in both events. My job was to keep my mother...from strangling my aunt (dad's younger sister). Difficult job, because they've never gotten along for years, and my aunt kept doing things attempting to bait my mom. Not exactly a smart move. Mom might be in her 60s, but she has a black belt in hapkido and has studied other martial arts

Still, Grandma's death might have *finally* put an end to the feud. But, it sucks that I won't be getting any more of her awesome cookies
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
      X