Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Totally no idea what day it is (self-sighting)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally no idea what day it is (self-sighting)

Short one: for some reason this morning, I thought it was Saturday instead of Friday. Got toward the end of my first route, realized I was coming up a few short, and then it finally dawned on me. So I had to back-track to my weekend-only customers and retrieve the papers I errantly delivered.

In my defense, I've been on a sort of schedule whiplash all week with stuff shifting around, and I was distracted by my phone blowing up this morning. (Why am I getting so many texts at 4am all of a sudden?!? Go the f**k to sleep, people!)

I'm going into work today to detail a major upcoming trade-show conference we're hosting (client is visiting today to go over details...was originally supposed to be my day off). I guess my subconscious really just doesn't want to deal with it!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Heeheehee. Don't forget, daylight savings time is approaching (2AM on Nov 2nd), so don't let that throw you off
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Today I got to work early because I thought it was next Saturday. And later, when the store opened, someone's ringtone was the same one as my alarm tone. So I had the disconcerting thought that maybe I was actually at home, sleeping through my alarm.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
        someone's ringtone was the same one as my alarm tone. So I had the disconcerting thought that maybe I was actually at home, sleeping through my alarm.
        Similar incident for me last week. I was backing into a loading bay when I heard my "master caution" alarm (covers both low air pressure and the "will shut down in one minute to protect the engine" ultra-serious form of the "check engine" light). Took a quick look at the dash, but no red lights. Turns out a truck at the business across the street was backing up, and their backup alarm had the same tone and pulse length/frequency as my "master caution" alarm.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
        X