This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, they use the numbers!

I was at the fabric store today buying stuff to make a coat for my dog. I grabbed a number for the cutting counter and went to look at other stuff while I waited. For some reason, a bunch of dummies grabbed numbers, then formed a line. The clerk called my number (23), and I headed right on over. A woman with ticket #28 beat me to the counter and put her stuff up on it. She actually wanted her stuff cut first because in her tiny little mind, I didn't get in the line, so she was there before me. For some reason, all I could manage to say was, "I have number 23." She then said she didn't know they were using the numbers. Well, duh, that's why they have them. In the end, the clerk took care of me first. I'm peeved at myself for not being more assertive, though.

The clerk also didn't seem to know how to handle the situation. All it would've taken was for her to say she was serving #23.
    Last edited by strawbabies; 11-01-2014, 08:36 PM.

Quoth strawbabies View Post
    The clerk also didn't seem to know how to handle the situation. All it would've taken was for her to say she was serving #23.
    Arg. This is why I've started making people give me the ticket. Mostly it's nice, "I'll throw that away for you" but sometimes I need to get firmer. I'll ask for it, and they ignore me and say "2 yards." But I'm not doing anything until I get that ticket. This situation is why. The less assertive employee will basically just help whoever is the most pushy. Not okay.

Also, if she thought you had to wait in line, why would she have bothered with getting a number? This makes no sense. Generally when I call a number and two people come up, one person will claim they didn't know about the take a ticket system.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

It's because, no matter what we've seen in our journey through our day, sometimes some people still just shock and amaze the hell out of us with their audacity.

I probably would have looked at her and asked why she thought the clerk was calling numbers if they didn't use them. And then called her a twit, but then I'm also not in a good mood today.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
        In the end, the clerk took care of me first. I'm peeved at myself for not being more assertive, though.
        Personally, I think you were just assertive enough. Anymore, and you might come off as an a**h***. Any less, and the person who cut in front of you gets their way.

Employee could have been better, but some of that takes time and experience to learn.

I say you handled it well.
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
        X