Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screw Keeping This Job, I'm Getting Welfare!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw Keeping This Job, I'm Getting Welfare!

I'm not against people getting welfare who need it; in these cases, people are screwing-over my work site.

The temp agency that helps staff my site (with warehouse employees) has been working hard to get dozens of new people for the holidays. They're good, fair, safe jobs, over 9$ an hour, free drinks in the break room, etc. As Security, we will sign in dozens of interviewees, make them badges, enter them into the system, and give them safety training. They then get their work training with the temp person (she's very nice!), and then specific job training with their area lead. It takes over a week to get them trained (there's even a mock warehouse to practice in). They get shirts, safety gear, etc. All they need are to buy steel toed shoes.

Out of a dozen people, all but maybe 5 will walk-out on their first day, No call no show their first day, call and quit their first day, or are just never heard from again. Out of that 5, another 3 will quit a week or so in, mostly just by never showing up again. So as Security WE have to reverse everything we did to add them to the employee list, block badges, send notifications, etc. Then the poor temp staffer has to scramble to find current temps to fill-in the spots that the new people were supposed to fill until she can get new ones, which is hard because the temps can only work so much, and may not be trained in the location that needs to be filled. I should mention that of the seasonal temps, over half have a chance of becoming permanent afterwards, and other those another half have the chance of becoming full company employees (for a very GOOD company!. I know it happens, I've changed their status in the computer myself!) So it's not like this is a throw-away job they're applying for. Some people have worked for this company for 20 years.

AND THIS IS A CONSTANT CYCLE!!! Out of the 20 people hired last month, 14 have already been let go within their first week for the above reasons; another 3 are on their way out as we speak. And today several of these people that quit before their first day (after almost a week of paid training) came back to have the temp staffer sign paperwork from Welfare and outright BRAGGED how now they could get their benefits again because this proved that they'd 'tried.' and pretty much 'screw work!' And the temp staffer told us that, sadly, THIS is one of the main reasons that we've seen so many people quit after finishing their training; they'd rather just get welfare than having a job. So this poor woman, an her seasonal assistant, are just about pulling their hair out while being chewed out by stressed supervisors who are behind on work because they didn't get the X number of temps for their location that she was expected to provide. This poor woman must feel like an idiot day after day having to tell supervisors "sorry, the 3-people that I trained for your location quit." It's certainly not her, or the company she staffs for, fault. It's a good job, but you're expected to WORK, follow the rules and uphold the standards of the company. It's amazing how many people just can't handle that.

I'm worried she may lose her position as temp staffer, or that they may kick out the temp agency altogether, because they can't deliver the needed workers. Not to mention the amount of money being lost on shirts, safety gear, training and badges that are never returned.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

This is a really great topic, LillFilly, but unfortunately, there's too much Fratching potential.

We're leaving the thread up so you can copy and paste to Fratching. If you'd like we can add a link to the new thread so people can find it easily.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

http://www.fratching.com/showthread....379#post155379
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
      X