This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
    Just ask him if he's heard of a .45 caliber pistol, and ask him what he thought the .45 stood for.
    Not fair: that's a confusing one because it's read "forty-five", not "point-forty-five".

And, uhm, while I've heard of, seen, and held a .45, I've got no clue how calibers are measured.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Diameter of the inside of the barrel, so a .45 has an inside-barrel diameter of .45 inches.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Also, if he's a baseball fan, he should understand the concept of expressing something out to the thousandths position, what does he think batting average is? Or if he's rebuilt an old engine, he has to know what "thirty over" means (cylinders bored out an extra .030 inches to true them up) Where does he think these things come from?
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Did we all miss the point... that he doesn't think at all?
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            Also, if he's a baseball fan, he should understand the concept of expressing something out to the thousandths position, what does he think batting average is?
            I'm guessing his IQ was waaaaaaaay below the Mendoza line
            Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
            At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Or if he's rebuilt an old engine, he has to know what "thirty over" means (cylinders bored out an extra .030 inches to true them up)
              What do you mean boring out the cylinders? When you rebuild an engine, you replace the liners/sleeves, so the inside diameter of they cylinders doesn't change. All the manufacturers (Detroit, Cat, Cummins, etc.) build their engines that way.

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
              And, uhm, while I've heard of, seen, and held a .45, I've got no clue how calibers are measured.
              Probably the same way that Compasses (Jeep equivalent of the Dodge Caliber) are measured.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Aldro View Post
                ... of course I do end up having to walk customers though their own purchases way too often. "You ordered two and a half yards of the fleece, so that's what this 2.5 means."
                Don't even get me started on the ones who can't comprehend "regular price" versus the sales price, or who think the last price listed is their total.
                Last edited by XCashier; 11-09-2014, 02:00 PM.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  What do you mean boring out the cylinders? When you rebuild an engine, you replace the liners/sleeves,
                  Unless it doesn't HAVE sleeves.... y'know? Small Block Chevies don't.
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Unless it doesn't HAVE sleeves.... y'know? Small Block Chevies don't.
                    Lycomings, Continentals, older VWs, Pratt&Whitneys, and Wrights don't have sleeves either, and they don't get bored out during a rebuild.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X