This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defending the world's best cup of coffee from SC's

This happened just a couple of days ago. I'm running in and out of the kitchen getting breakfast set up. So obviously I don't see everything. But a guy walks in from outside and asks if the coffee is ready. I say that it is, but ask which room he's in since I only saw him coming from outside. He confirms he's legit and that he was just outside for a smoke. I thought that was the end of it.

About a half hour later, I'm back at the desk. He drops off his keys and tears into me about how I assumed just because he was dressed a certain way, I make judgments about him, and how I shouldn't defend a "fucking cup of coffee". I tried to explain that no, it was because I only saw him walk from outside and has nothing with how he's dressed. He doesn't believe me and points out his $80k truck. (Yeah, but are you making payments on it?) Sir, your thinking I'm judging you based on clothing is just a theory. A LAME theory!
    Last edited by EricKei; 11-06-2014, 12:29 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

$80,000.00 truck but has a fit over a cup of FREE coffee.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Me thinks that someone is using said truck to compensate for a small unit.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Repo

When I use to watch the repo shows, it seemed just about every other repo was for an expensive truck or sports car that the person could not afford but had to have to impress other people.

There even was one where the person stated that to the repo men, that without his car he could not impress people to sell them stuff!

Not to mention the dumps some of these people lived in that you saw when the repo people went to their home address to try and find said vehicles.
        Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 11-06-2014, 02:21 PM.

Comment

When someone starts saying how expensive some stupid thing they own is, it really makes them look small and silly. Sometimes at my glamorous job at the fabric store people manage to slip it into conversation. "Oh, well we just bought this $500,000 house, but it doesn't have any window coverings!" or "I'm just going to use this to cover the leather seats on my Jag."

Pathetic.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            "I'm just going to use this to cover the leather seats on my Jag."
            Nah, you didn't pronounce it right.

"I'm just going to use this to cover the leather seats. On my Jaaaag."
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
              When I use to watch the repo shows, it seemed just about every other repo was for an expensive truck or sports car that the person could not afford...
              That and some don't seem to understand the concept of paying for the vehicle
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                I'm judging you based on clothing is just a theory. A LAME theory!
                What, no SUPER AMAZING ENDCARD TOURNAMENT round? Where he asks for the viewers to vote on whether he should max out his credit on lifts for the truck or spiffy rims?
                I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I bet he'd be the first to complain if there wasn't any coffee because people who weren't guests at the hotel drank it all.
                  "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

That's a total douche thing.

A lot of guys have an ego problem. (Please re-read, I said a lot, I mean a lot. Not all), and when it gets bruised (and it bruises easily and hardly for any real reason) they seem to lash out and it's all kinds of nasty names or assumptions.

You hurt his widdle feelings, he assumed you thought he was homeless or something, so he had to shove his big expensive truck in your face and show you, you lowly piss-on you, how great he really is! HOW DARE YOU!

Trust me. Just trust me on this one. I've been dating far too long, and know exactly how the defense mechanisms of the over inflated ego types work. They're the same guys who will say or do the stupidest things to get a girl's attention, and when they are turned down, they turn it right back around and start with the name calling and degrading and the "You think you're better than me!?" bullshit.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                      They're the same guys who will say or do the stupidest things to get a girl's attention, and when they are turned down, they turn it right back around and start with the name calling and degrading and the "You think you're better than me!?" bullshit.
                      If a guy accuses you of thinking you're better than him after you turn him down, guess what? Since he's just shown himself to be a worthless douchebag, it's clear that you ARE better than him.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                        What, no SUPER AMAZING ENDCARD TOURNAMENT round? Where he asks for the viewers to vote on whether he should max out his credit on lifts for the truck or spiffy rims?
                        Yay someone got my totally not obvious reference!
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                        X