This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh, the fun things we overhear

Well, yesterday was different. As I've mentioned, one of my specialties is work at height, which leads to some interesting jobs. There are a few builders I work with, support contracts for weird stuff; like washing the 4 story tall windows at a recently built 5 million dollar estate on Lake Michigan or replacing chandelier bulbs in a 3 story atrium.

Fairly simple, "routine" call. Was called in to replace a few light bulbs and swap out some artwork.

I had a little suspicion that things were going to be interesting when the lady of the house answered the door, wobbly with martini in hand @ 2pm. Her and two other ladies were "doing a late lunch", if you can call it that. 3 women in a hot tub, cart with pitchers of drinks next to said hot tub, and cucumber sandwiches. Almost all liquid lunch, IMHO. Was quite the peanut gallery, lots of lewd and lascivious comments. Some directed so I could hear, some not. Can't really complain, lol, I have a dirty mind and found them quite amusing. View from up top wasn't bad either. Eventually they forgot about me and I got to overhear some interesting conversations.

About two hours in, her hubby shows up and he's an utter ass to her and her friends, winds up having a screaming argument about everything and nothing. Drinking, kids, money, etc. They seemed to cover all the topics. Gist of it that I caught, he married into money and has his job because it's her dads company, she walks all over him because of it and he resents it. She drinks way too much and has an on-call chauffeur because she just got her 4th owi. He thinks she's screwing the chauffeur, which, surprisingly she isn't. However, she is sleeping with the maid, friend #1, friend #1's husband, and has paid their pool boy and gardener(both college-age males) to have sex while her and the other 2 ladies watched them. Friend #2 is the one who's screwing the chauffeur, usually in the Mercedes while LoH is at her pilates or yoga classes.

They were still arguing when I had him sign the bill and I was able to take off.

He thinks she's screwing the chauffeur, which, surprisingly she isn't. However, she is sleeping with the maid, friend #1, friend #1's husband, and has paid their pool boy and gardener(both college-age males) to have sex while her and the other 2 ladies watched them. Friend #2 is the one who's screwing the chauffeur, usually in the Mercedes while LoH is at her pilates or yoga classes.
    Did I just cross over into the really bad Desperate Housewives scripts?? lol.
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

less desperate housewives and maybe more something like passions?
      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Gizmo, that was one of my thoughts as well. "am I really hearing what I'm hearing? People really do that sort of thing? this sounds like a bad soap opera."

Comment

Quoth BearLeeBadenaugh View Post
          Gizmo, that was one of my thoughts as well. "am I really hearing what I'm hearing? People really do that sort of thing? this sounds like a bad soap opera."
          Inspiration for those shows had to come from somewhere...

I'm mildly surprised they didn't proposition you

Comment

Working...
          X