This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude and irritating customer

Not sucky per se, but here goes. a woman comes up to my deli counter, on a cell phone having a conversation, asking for some sliced roast beef. so I slice a piece and show it to her to ask if the thickness was alright. she says yes and takes the slice to eat (have no problem with that, happens often if cust is hungry.) she continues her convo on the phone while eating the beef, and talking to me (with a full mouth.) that was rude enough...
    However, the most irritating part was when she asked for some ham. now we have approximately 473987438978927987428974897249 different kinds of ham (give or take) so I naturally ask what kind of ham she wanted. any answer to this would have been acceptable, or to even ask me to recommend a brand would've been okay. but the answer of "ham" was NOT an acceptable response.
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoth scroob View Post
    ... but the answer of "ham" was NOT an acceptable response.
    And that's when I slapped her hams on the slicer, Your Honor.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Pity you couldn't refuse service to her for being on the phone, which an increasing number of companies are doing these days.
      the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

Quoth scroob View Post
        she continues her convo on the phone while eating the beef, and talking to me (with a full mouth.) that was rude enough...
        This is so yucky. High on my pet peeve list. Right up there with people talking on the phone while expecting me to help them. Two in one!

Quoth scroob View Post
        However, the most irritating part was when she asked for some ham. now we have approximately 473987438978927987428974897249 different kinds of ham (give or take) so I naturally ask what kind of ham she wanted. any answer to this would have been acceptable, or to even ask me to recommend a brand would've been okay. but the answer of "ham" was NOT an acceptable response.
        I'll just link the clip of Mr Mom, with Michael Keaton trying to order from the deli count, and grocery shop.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth scroob View Post
          but the answer of "ham" was NOT an acceptable response.
          Was your customer Ponyo, by any chance?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Comment

"I want all the ham."

Comment

Grr. Customers talking on the phone while being served is one of my pet peeves. They'd be mad if we were doing that to them, so why is it alright for them to do it to us? Oh yeah, I know; we cashiers are not human, we're mindless drones so we don't deserve common politeness.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

"What kind of ham do you want ma'am?"

"Ham."

I'd have probably laughed in her face. The kind where you snort and puff out your cheeks because you're trying, and failing, to hold it in.

Comment

Should've given her the most expensive stuff you had. Hey, she wanted ham, so she gets ham.
                  my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                  it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

When a customer does that to me (just asks for $item and I know they're not paying attention), unless I know they want the cheapest I will give them the most expensive that we have.

If a manager is nearby, we're not allowed to refuse/ignore SCs on cell phones, sadly (I will give them a pass if they're calling someone to check on an ingredient, but anything else? You're making everyone else wait so you can wait)
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

My brother's allowed to ignore customers on the phone, which he loves. Once a customer yelled at him "Are you even listening to me?" and he said "Who, me or the phone?"

Comment

Working...
                      X