This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see if I can keep it off!

So after I moved, my eating plan went straight out the window for a while and I was snacking on gods know what. Felt my pants getting tighter (albeit slightly) and now my dresses are hanging off me.

I've more or less gone from a Aussie size 18/borderline 20 to an 18/borderline 16 to a more or less confirmed size 16. So clearly I'm doing something right!

(The only exception to this is target, which tends to size fairly small, so their 18 is more like a 16)

Here's hoping I can get down to a 12/14 before too long!
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Good luck!

I feel the pain of that struggle...I've been on a diet since the summer to try and lose my extra baggage as well. Lost about 40 pounds, but man is it ever tempting when people bring out those donuts at work
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Same sitch as Unca K, here...just more like 20ish lost so far.

Hypothyroidism isn't helping, and neither is the fact that my exercise is limited due to back problems; but I've been getting it done, slowly. Cutting about 300 calories out of my daily intake has been my primary change (switched to a diabetic-friendly meal replacement shake for breakfast most days). Been doing so since early summer, and I didn't really notice that it was working until people at the office started commenting on it ^_^ I'm maybe dropping a pound every week or two, but I've dropped one belt notch, so hey, progress!
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
        Good luck!

I feel the pain of that struggle...I've been on a diet since the summer to try and lose my extra baggage as well. Lost about 40 pounds, but man is it ever tempting when people bring out those donuts at work
        Same here. It doesn't help that unlike my hometown, this state has Krispy Krack EVERYWHERE. (We've both said up and down that the <local Krispy Krack lookalike back home> is MUCH better) A coworker of mine bought a dozen one day. I had one and regretted it later. >.>
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
        X