This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Lane Pop Quiz

Here's the scenario: You're driving somewhere. Maybe you're not really familiar with the roads. You're on a busy road from which you need to make a left turn to get on the freeway. There's a turning lane and heavy traffic.

Too late, you realize that the turning lane is full of cars, and you've passed the end of the line. You can't get into the turning lane. What do you do?

A: Go straight through the intersection, find a place to turn around, and get onto the freeway from the other side.
    B: Stop in the middle of your lane, signal that you need to get into the turning lane, and hope that someone lets you in when the cars there start to move.
    C: Go to middle of the intersection, stop, then back up until you are in the front of the line in the turning lane.

We saw somebody choose option C yesterday. That was a new one for me.
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Saw something similar the other day... Right after a busy intersection, guy wants to get in the right hand land, which happens to by the highway off ramp lane. Meaning, SUPER BUSY. SEMI-TRUCKS! AHHH! Why does he need to be in the right hand lane? I have no idea, most people get over a little ways up, when the traffic clears. So anyway, he stops RIGHT where the trucks are exiting the highway, causing everyone to slam on the breaks and honk at you, 'cause now you're managing to block the intersection behind you. Gah.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
    X