This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story help! (Banks and lotto)

So, I'm doing a story (not Nano, just for fun) and I have plans *evil cackle* for a character.

So, my character lives fairly comfortably. Lives on her own in an apartment, makes payments on time, able to have a modest savings, etc. Boring. She "aquires" a demigod and its ok for a bit, but her savings are evaporating, and she can't live as comfortably because she's taking care of him, too.

Well, he is decended from a god of chaos, and as such, he can set the odds of anything in his favor.

/bg

Questions (Given everything else is normal):

Lotto: 1) what is the most your company will pay scratch off winners in cash at the till?
    2) how often (average) do you see $100+ winners?

Bank: Lets say a new customer (had the account around a month) calls the fraud line because there is suddenly $2.5 mil in their account. Wasn't a mistake (like the company that sent their whole payroll to one employee), wasn't a glitch, just the spontanious arrival of money. What would happen (best guess)?
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

For the bank case, assuming U.S., I'd say that the government would take a VERY strong interest in money appearing out of nowhere. Count on the account being locked down on suspicion of the funds being ill-gotten.

Can you get a hold of a copy of the movie "The Brass Bottle" (inspiration for the TV series "I Dream of Jeannie")? "Mystery money" and the problems it causes are a plot point. Rest assured that monitoring of suspicious transactions has become MUCH tighter in the time since this movie was made.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

If you're talking about a C-Store I know at least where I work the most we can pay out is $100. I do know though that at the grocery stores at least around here, they will pay out up to $600. Hope that helps! Your story sounds good so far!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

In Minnesota the most a lottery retailer can pay out is $600, provided there are the funds in the till to do so. you don't see $100+ winners very often at all.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
        X