This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A story of legend

Not me, I need the money. It gets cashed quickly.

This story is told to all employees who work in our shop (that are going to stay)

I have a CW, T. He is a brilliant man, highly skilled with the machines. Running a machine he set-up is great, almost no problems ever. T's family is the closest you can get to "Nobility" around our parts. One is a well known Lawyer, another owns a successful (and honest) car dealership, and their estate owns a lot of rental property (maybe even farmland for rent). T has his Doctorates degree.

T only works because he genuinely enjoys the job and was raised by parents who did not believe in 'retirement' (he is probably late 50s early 60s).

As legend tells, T forgot to cash his pay checks for about 3 months. It was really starting to annoy the company President, as this was messing up the accounting books.

First time I have ever had to say this. Either start cashing your paycheck or you can work for free.
    And everyone (including T) laughed.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Too funny. Wish there were more Ts in the world - for the work ethic, not the cash flow reasons.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
      Too funny. Wish there were more Ts in the world - for the work ethic, not the cash flow reasons.
      That would be a dream come true for every corporate office everywhere.
      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
        dream come true for every corporate office
        Not to mention the fellow employees.

Comment

Ya, T is great. I love getting him talking about his Trail Cameras. He actually invented a new type of 'trigger' mechanism and is getting spectacular results.

He gets 'focused' on things, when he does he forgets about little things (like cashing checks, eating, sleeping, ect).
          I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I have had firms which said "get your expenses in by X days after end of month or we won't pay them". No one was amused at the fact they actually meant it.

Uncashed cheques used to drive my boss at the solicitors mad. She'd reissue them every six months and resend them to the relevant party with a "please cash it this time!" letter.
            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

I wonder if T can get the payroll clerk at the business to automatically send his net pay straight to his choice of charity?
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
              X