This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must be insane...

Today I did the shopping for Christmas cookie boxes. The list of mats doesn't look all that impressive just written down, but it makes a pretty good size pile.

25 pounds of flour (5- 5lb bags)
    18 pounds of sugar (assorted types)
    15 pounds of chocolate (mostly in bars and chips)
    10 pounds of butter
    8 pounds of cheddar cheese
    2 pounds of pretzels (next year I hope to be able to make my own crunchy ones)
    2 boxes of peppermint candy canes
    3 dozen eggs

That's going to turn into a whole lotta cookies and crackers and candies starting on the 2nd of December. Until then, the dry goods are in a laundry basket so I can move them as needed to keep them out of my way, and the perishables are in the fridge.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

I was just at a warehouse club store with a friend, who was goggling at the flour for sale; they had both all-purpose and cake flour for sale at around 50 cents per pound. In 25 lb bags...

Comment

Yep, you're insane. But, I bet everything will turn out great.
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Just curious, but did you get multiple types of flour? If not, why in 5 pound bags? Generally, the larger the bag the cheaper it is on a per-pound basis.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Yes, I got unbleached all purpose, white whole wheat and regular whole wheat flours. I would have loved to be able to get a 20 or 25 lb bag of all purpose, if I could find it in that size and unbleached in my area.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Working...
          X